WEC Energy Group Engineer - Cybersecurity in Green Bay, WI, Wisconsin
5808BRJob Title:Engineer - CybersecurityRequisition Number:5808BRTitle:Engineer - CybersecurityLocation(s):WI - Green Bay, WI - MilwaukeeCompany(s):Wisconsin Public Service Summary:
Wisconsin Public Service (WPS), a subsidiary of WEC Energy Group, is seeking an Engineer - Cybersecurity in our Green Bay or Milwaukee, WI location.
If you’re talented, energetic and ready for a career with a future, consider joining our team. We are one of the nation’s largest electric generation and distribution and natural gas delivery holding companies. We are WEC Energy Group!
This position is responsible for instituting cyber security best practices for power plant control systems and compliance with North-American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) Critical Infrastructure Compliance (CIP) regulations and standards in the Power Generation business unit.
• Implementing best practice cyber security measures to protect power generation assets.
• Lead projects dealing with design and implementation of necessary electronic and physical security systems to protect our controls assets.
• Work with controls engineers and IT Security engineers to ensure control scheme designs incorporate Power Generation cyber security standards.
• Responsible for complying with the Power Generation NERC CIP compliance program as a member of the NERC CIP compliance team.
• Develop and implement appropriate policies, procedures and programs (e.g., risk assessment program, incident response plans, backup and recovery plans, security awareness program, patch and anti-malware programs, change management program, etc. )
• Generate, acquire and organize evidence necessary to assure compliance and function as subject matter expert for NERC CIP audit.
• Participate in the regulation development and promulgation processes administered by NERC and FERC.
• Perform cyber vulnerability assessments, audits and penetration testing; develop remedies to address deficiencies
• Work cross-functionally with subject matter experts (corporate IT cyber security experts, corporate security, power plant engineers, controls engineer or Instrument & Controls technicians) to conduct root cause analysis and develop mitigation procedures, as appropriate.
This position is part of a job family (Associate Engineer/Engineer/Sr Engineer). Experience will be the determining factor.
• Candidates must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written are essential
• Strong analytical, project management, and team building skills are essential
• Knowledge of computer systems and the ability to use a variety of office and engineering software is required
• Power plant controls cyber security experience or IT security with some experience in the electric power industry
• Understanding of the NERC CIP regulations and working knowledge of compliance strategies
• Experience in compliance program development and management
• Experience performing penetration testing and vulnerability assessments
Interested candidates must apply online no later than the job posting expiration date.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at Careers
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
EEO/AA policies and statements