Vector Force Development Field Mechanic in Grand Junction, Colorado
Field Mechanic Grand Junction, CO 81501
Vector is a leader in the construction support services industry, involved in utility construction, public works inspection, traffic management, vacuum technology and workforce services across the country. Vector is a Veteran-Owned Business and has received national recognition from the US Department of Labor for its commitment to hiring and retaining veterans. With a presence already in 20 states, Vector is expanding and growing ceaselessly. We are always seeking motivated, talented people to join our dynamic team. Visit www.vectorservicesus.com and vectorforcedevelopment.com for more information.
Perform maintenance, diagnosis, and repairs on cars, trucks, off-road equipment and small tools in a safe, efficient, quality minded and customer focused manner. Perform maintenance and repair on aerial lift and pulling equipment to manufacturer’s guidelines to maintain the safety and reliability of the unit. Types of equipment would repair are bucket trucks, digger derricks, bulldozers, hydraulics, air leaks, pumps, mechanical, fluids, might do some very basic fabrication/welding.
What Do You Offer Us?
· Perform repair work on both diesel and gasoline vehicles such as breakdowns, malfunctions, and emergency roadside repair in a safe, efficient, and quality manner.
· Perform required inspections and preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment to maximize the safety, productivity, and life of the unit.
· Inspect, maintain, and repair aerial lift and pulling equipment to maintain the safety and reliability of the unit.
· Perform maintenance and repair welding on equipment. Fabricate parts as required including any design work needed.
· Ability to handle and use a variety of tools and small equipment (Example: forklift, drill press, bandsaw, crane, welding torch)
· Must ensure the use of personal safety equipment i.e. safety glasses, face shields, gloves and hard hats
· Must be able to move about, in, and around construction vehicles and equipment.
· Flexibility of working long hours and the ability to work in all types of weather conditions.
· Maintain a clean work area and pick up all tools and equipment to secure the work area each day.
What is Required?
· Must be reliable and able to work in a team environment
· Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary degree or certification in diesel technology, heavy equipment maintenance, or small engine repair strongly preferred.
· 5+ years' of demonstrated mechanical aptitude including knowledge of parts and components, construction equipment and engines as well as the tools to fix them
This position is subject to the Federal Department of Transportation (DOT) drug & alcohol testing regulations as outlined in 49 CFR Part 382 and/or 49 CFR Part 199.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Vector is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $34.00 - $38.00 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
View Company Information (https://www.vectorforcedevelopment.com/) To see other positions, click here.