Ameren Supervisor, Substation/Relay in Galesburg, Illinois
If end date is listed, the posting will come down at 12:00 am on that date:Tuesday July 06, 2021
Relocation Package available
Key responsibilities include:
· Provide technical expertise to field operations, Transmission Dispatch, Engineering, Planning and other field supervision.
· Plan, schedule, assign, and direct the work force in a safe, efficient, and effective manner in completing procedural, construction and maintenance work.
· Assess substation reliability and recommend solutions to address deficiencies.
· Assist in the review and creation of procedures and standards.
· Direct field operations during substation emergencies and outages.
· Coordinate activities with customers, contractors, and other company departments.
· Provide a liaison role between field personnel and division, dispatch, and engineering groups.
· Coordinates coverage duties with peer substation supervisors.
This position is subject to emergency callouts.
High School graduate or equivalent required. Must have a thorough knowledge of electrical theory, which includes at least one year of classroom or field training in both A.C. and D.C. electrical circuits. Electrical engineering degree from an accredited college or university preferred.
A minimum of five years of related experience (e.g., substation journeyman electrician, electrical engineering, electrical maintenance in industrial, commercial, power plant environment) required. Consideration will be given to Substation Journeyman with at least three years of relevant experience including prior electrical supervisor experience.
In addition to the above qualifications, the successful candidate will demonstrate:
Demonstrated leadership ability, communication, and human relations’ skills.
Ameren’s selection process includes a series of interviews and may include a leadership assessment process. Specific details will be provided to qualified candidates.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other class, trait, or status protected by law.
St. Louis-based Ameren Corporation powers the quality of life for 2.4 million electric customers and more than 900,000 natural gas customers in a 64,000-square-mile area through its Ameren Missouri and Ameren Illinois rate-regulated utility subsidiaries. Ameren Illinois provides electric transmission and distribution service and natural gas distribution service. Ameren Missouri provides electric generation, transmission and distribution service, as well as natural gas distribution service. Ameren Transmission Company of Illinois develops, owns and operates rate-regulated regional electric transmission projects. For more information, visit Ameren.com, or follow us on Twitter at @AmerenCorp, Facebook.com/AmerenCorp, or LinkedIn/company/Ameren.