PG&E Supervisor, EPWC-Stockton or San Ramon in Fresno, California
Requisition ID # 47360
Job Category : Administrative / Clerical
Job Level : Supervisor
Business Unit: Gas Operations
Job Location : Fresno
The men and women of Enterprise Public Works Coordination ensure the delivery of safe and reliable electric service to our customers, by proactively working with local cities and counties to coordinate and complete our work in the public right of way, according to local laws, to limit impacts to the public and to promote public safetyÂ Enterprise Public Works Coordination is responsible for processing city and county permits for all PG&E workstreams, hold and foster the operational relationship with local municipalities and review agency driven capital improvement projects for Gas Distribution conflicts.
Responsible for the acquisition, validation and closure of local agency permits for all PG&E work, with the assistance of regional and divisional permit facilitators (ESC Represented) and clerks (IBEW Represented). Acts as subject matter expert for permitting in assigned region, in planning for permitting, executing permitting and improving permitting process with city and county agencies.Â Works with division Agency Liaison to strategize and resolve escalated issues and barriers to a consistent/efficient permitting process.Â Builds subject matter expertise in team, to forward the vision of PG&E and EPWC team.Â Aligns with other team members to ensure consistent level of service across the enterprise. Leads by being an example of PG&E Culture statements.-This position will be located in Stockton or San Ramon.
• Works with Agency Liaison and Permit Facilitators to engage with city and county agencies regarding permits, public works coordination, and site restoration requirements.
• Coordinates with PG&E engineering, construction, program managers and job owners regarding permitting for upcoming, advising on timelines for meeting critical construction mobilization dates.
• Coordinates with internal stakeholders across the enterprise regarding permit compliance and process improvements
• Reports on status of permit metrics for region • Supervises multiple Permit Facilitators and clerks within region
• Recruit/select, communicate expectations, foster employee engagement, coach, develop, mentor, recognize and reward employees in order to drive performance and results. Manages Support and Union represented employees.
•Interactions With Other: Typical internal interactions are with team members, agency liaisons, contractors, supervisors and managers
• Associates Degree or Equivalent Experience
• 5 years of relevant experience
• Requires travel within assigned region at least 25%
• Prior supervisory experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Engineering, Construction or related field • Engineering, Construction, Permitting, Regulatory experience
• Safety: Ability to create, promote and manage a safe work environment
• Budget/Expenses: Ability to develop and manage dept. budgets, expenses, variances
• Communication: Ability to communicate and support company and organization policies, procedures, goals, objectives, vision and values
• Operations Management: Ability to manage day-to-day operations, identify and implement operational changes and improvements in support of the business
• Relationship Management: Ability to develop working relationships with customers and business partners where operations, service, support or other inter-dependencies exist
• Continuous Improvement: Ability to encourage employees to identify work process and system improvements, champion and overcome resistance to and facilitate change.
• Leadership Presence: Ability to convey credibility, confidence and sense of authority. Conveys messages simply, concisely and at right pace and tone for audience. Remains calm, controlled and productive when confronted by opposition or work stress.
• Functional Expertise: Ability to foster a learning environment and to develop employees to ensure backfills and successors. Has an understanding of PG&E’s business to maximize results, limit risks and effectively lead group.
• Technical Knowledge & Expertise: Knowledge of encroachment permits
• Able to travel within assigned region at least 40%
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an AA/EEO employer that actively recruits and hires a diverse workforce.
- PG&E Jobs