MasTec Advanced Technologies Lead Field Tech in Fresno, California
The Lead Field Technician will be responsible for managing various processes in the absence of a Field Tech Supervisor. They will be the lead for their remote/satellite markets and will provide leadership and effective coordination in order to ensure efficient business operations and customer satisfaction. This position will also monitor quality, training and day-to-day operations to meet established criteria and quality assurance goals ensuring operational plans are aligned with business objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES * Meet with technicians on a regular basis to develop an on-going partnership through weekly tech meetings, assisting in field and interacting in parking lot. * Conduct training, utilizing the company's safety, quality, and customer service practices, policies, and standards. * Promote teamwork, the company's mission and operational goals. * Ensure that all OSHA requirements are met and adhered to. * Perform work on work orders to complete installs, or repairs as needed. * Maintains and distributes inventory and materials. * Establishes working relationships with employees and serves as a conduit between employees and senior management. * Responsible for assisting field technicians with problems and trouble-shooting advanced issues and providing technical expertise. * Responsible for assuring Quality Assurance standards are met and maintained in compliance with Company quality standards. * Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a remote manager, customers, and employees. * Supervises direct reports ensuring objectives set forth are monitored and accomplished. * Ensures cross-functional relationships with Office Staff, Warehouse, Call Center and other Support Staff. * Prepares the site for expansion into other service lines. * Ensures a safe work environment is maintained by training and following safe practices and adhering to safety policies. * Evaluates the quality of work performed in the field. * Investigates, documents and files/monitors damage claims, motor vehicle accidents and personal injuries ensuring compliance with Company policies. * Drives and operates company vehicles safely in accordance with established policies, courteously and defensively and ensures that maintenance and care is performed appropriately. Reports the need for vehicle repair or service when required and/or prescribed. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY * Generally supervises between 3 and 10 technicians. OTHER DUTIES * Assists with advanced and difficult jobs including providing fall protection assistance. * Performs general clerical work such as filing, copying, mailing, etc. * Performs other duties as assigned. Minimun Salary: $41,600 Maximum Salary: $62,300
INCUMBENTS ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR ALL DUTIES OF THIS JOB
This is a new market territory for us. We are looking for someone who can lead this team, as we grow into new business lines and serve a wider client base. With growth at the location, this job is anticipated to shift to a full Field Tech Supervisor Role.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Solid ability to provide excellent customer service and establish and maintain credibility and interpersonal relationships with diverse group of individuals (e.g., business leaders, colleagues, staff at all levels).
* Solid ability to handle confidential, sensitive and critical issues with demonstrated history of a commitment to ethics, honesty, integrity and credibility.
* Solid ability to manage a remote staff in a fast-paced environment.
* Solid ability to collaborate effectively with others.
* Solid interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals. Solid organizational and planning skills ability to multi-task attention to detail productive without compromising quality.
* Solid ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines while managing internal customer expectations and resetting accordingly.
* Solid ability to set and balance short- and long-term priorities and remain focused within a rigorous, fast-paced and dynamic environment.
* Solid ability to effectively take action to solve problems while exhibiting sound judgment and successful stress tolerance.
* Solid knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, presentation and email software (preferably Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet). * Solid ability to manage conflict and resolve team member issues effectively and efficiently. * Solid ability to exercise good judgment and discretion in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions and meeting performance metrics. * Solid ability to work in a team environment along with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. * Solid ability to be results-oriented that makes a difference, taking initiative to make things happen, accepts accountability and has a "can do" attitude. EDUCATION * Associate's degree from two-year college or technical school preferred. SCTE, SBCA and/or other industry certifications required. EXPERIENCE * Minimum of two (2) years operations experience required. Minimum of four (4) years operations experience may be substituted for previously stated education and experience. WORKING CONDITIONS * Frequently: Standing, walking, lifting up to 75 pounds over head, carrying up to 75 pounds, climbing a 40-foot ladder, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, talking, hearing, repetitive motion, eye/hand/foot coordination. * While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to extreme weather conditions. * The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. * Long hours, nights, weekends holidays, and variable schedules are highly possible and will be expected in order to perform the essential functions of the position. * Hours fluctuate throughout the year with the busiest times during the summer months. * Working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. * Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties. NOTE: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job.
MasTec, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also MasTec's policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Title: Lead Field Tech
Requisition ID: 41005
MasTec Advanced Technologies
- MasTec Advanced Technologies Jobs