Exelon Stationary Engineer I in FREDERICK, Maryland
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
Constellation is headquartered in Baltimore, with regional offices in Chicago, Houston, Kennett Square, Louisville, New York, and Omaha.
We develop energy management strategies that help customers buy, manage and consume energy.
Our retail unit is among the largest and most comprehensive in the industry with approximately 1 million residential customers that rely on our commitment to innovation, dependability, transparency, and service.
Our wholesale business serves utilities, municipalities and co-ops and features world-class risk management and energy trading capabilities.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Constellation NewEnergy is seeking a candidate to full a position of stationary engineer at our steam plant facilities located at Fort Detrick, Maryland
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Maintain safe working conditions: identifies, corrects and reports unsafe work areas.
· Operate assigned plants in compliance with published Company operating and safety policies/procedures
· Maintain customer relationships with all customers served by assigned plants
· Monitor assigned plant operations through various controls systems/technologies
· Perform minor maintenance and repair on equipment as assigned
· Ability to pass a physical and hearing test
· Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
· Maryland 1st Class Stationary Engineer’s License
· Stand watch as a Stationary Engineer at any assigned plants or temporary facilities associated with assigned plants as necessary
· Effective understanding of the principles of operations for water management quality and boiler operations
· Demonstrated ability to compose and write operating logs, technical reports and recommendations
· Five years experience in operating stationary utility operations. Primarily high pressure steam, however may include related experience with chilled water, hot water and power generation
· Demonstrated knowledge and facility with computer software (i.e. word processing, spreadsheets)
· Desire knowledge of Siemens Building Automation Systems
· Desire knowledge of plant instrumentation basics
· Desire knowledge of computer maintenance management systems (CMMS)
· Level and depth of supervisory duties: responsible for shift operating duties, reports directly to the plant supervisor
· Budget accountability, impact on asset management, and organization revenue: would fill vacating position
· Level o f independence, decision-making authority or strategic planning accountability: responsible for decision making during shift watch as expected for licensed stationary engineers
· Internal and external contact relationships: reports directly to plant supervisor and will have direct contact with the customer
· Number of direct reports (Span of Control): none
The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Organization: Generation Constellation - Retail
Title: Stationary Engineer I
Requisition ID: 211306