Pike Corporation Project Manager II in Fort Mill, South Carolina
Position Overview:This is the second level of the Project Manager classification. This position is responsible for providing project management systems and technical direction to projects teams for the purpose of delivering safe, cost-effective and quality execution of small to medium scale electric substation, transmission, distribution and communications projects and/or client accounts. This position is the single point of accountability for the successful planning, execution and closeout of projects which is accomplished through managing all aspects of projects including scope, schedule, cost, safety and quality as defined in the Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMBOK). Responsible for managing the client relationship and keeping company management informed of project status and issues. Incumbents are expected to develop advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently.
Duties & Responsibilities
Under minimal supervision, the project manager will provide:
• management of the project in accordance with Pike Engineering's Policies and Procedures
• management of the client and project stakeholders, ensuring effective business relationships are in place and trusted by the all
• all aspects of contract negotiation, change order identification, submittal and approval, administration, establishing the system to carry out the contract including management of subcontractors
• effective change control and risk management processes
• EH&S and Quality programs appropriate for the project
• thorough estimates and proposals
• effective project meetings (project kickoff, client alignment, status meeting, progress review, etc. )
• provide meaningful performance related feedback/input to appropriate line management and project team members
• project reporting and status for the project team, management, and client
• accurate project financials reports to project accounting with adequate backup for management, internal and external accounting and/or SOX requirements
• effective financial controls to ensure project profitability and expected cash flow positions
• accurate invoices to ensure timely issuance and payment
• Minimum of 2 years experience in the utility industry
• Detailed knowledge of project management fundamentals
• Working knowledge of personal computers and software applications with MS office application proficiency including MS Project and/or Primavera scheduling software
• Demonstrated skills in written communications; ability to compose basic as well as complex technical documents, formal letters, invoices
• Demonstrated skills in oral communications; ability to make presentations to large, diverse groups
• High energy level with the ability to work in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with a bias for action
• Proven success in developing and maintaining internal and external relationships while effectively navigating organizational barriers
• High commitment to achieving goals and plans
• Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills
• Demonstrated negotiating and decision making skills
• Working knowledge of project accounting practices and financial systems
• General understanding of Fixed Price, Time & Materials, Cost Plus and Unit contract pricing mechanisms
• Working knowledge of the techniques needed to lead and influence others in a matrix organization
• Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
• Work independently
• Customer Oriented
• Able to manage multiple tasks and provide leadership to other team members.
A.Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
B.Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Able to clearly communicate both written and orally with internal and external clients and employees
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
A. How much on the job time is spent in the following physical activities • Stand 1/3 to 2/3 (Frequently) • Walk 1/3 to 2/3 (Frequently) • Sit 1/3 to 2/3 (Frequently) • Talk or Hear 2/3 and more (Regularly) • Use Hands to Feel, Handle or finger tools or controls 2/3 and more (Regularly) • Climb or balance Up to 1/3 (Occasionally) • Stoop, Kneel, Crouch or crawl Up to 1/3 (Occasionally) • Reach with Hands and Arms Up to 1/3 (Occasionally) • Taste or Smell Up to 1/3 (Occasionally)
B. Does this job require that weight be lifted or force to be exerted? If so, how much and how often? • Up to 10 Pounds Up to 1/3 • Up to 25 Pounds None • Up to 50 Pounds None • Up to 100 Pounds None • More than 100 Pounds None
C. Does this job have any special vision requirements? Check all that apply. ☒Close Vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less) ☒Distance Vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more) ☒Color Vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors) ☒Peripheral visions (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point) ☒Depth Perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships_ ☒Ability to Adjust Focus (ability to adjust the eyes to bring an object into sharp focus) ☐No Special Vision Requirements
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from accredited college or university
• State registration as a Professional Engineer •
• Skilled in engineering theories and principles
• Experience working directly with material manufacturers in the development of Transmission Lines or HV Electric Substation projects
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Pike Engineering is an equal opportunity employer EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled
Pike is a Non-Union Company
Organization: *Pike Corporation, Inc.
Title: Project Manager II
Location: South Carolina-Fort Mill
Requisition ID: 210000AM