MDU Resources Group Field Operations Coord, Sr. in Fergus Falls, Minnesota
Field Operations Coord, Sr.
Company:Great Plains Natural Gas Co.
Location:Fergus Falls, MN
Hiring Manager:Jamie A Haas
Closing Date:08/03/2021at 11:59pm CDT
Entry Level:$5,300 - $6,625 /month
Position is eligible for Employee Referral Program.
Responsible for placing safety as #1 priority in day to day work routine for self and others. Responsible for pre-engineering, project coordination, inspection and related design and, justification of gas and/or electric distribution and transmission systems and other construction related activities. Responsible for facilitating and coordinating the construction of approved facilities and acts as a liaison with Engineering, Environmental, Safety, Energy Services, Construction Services, local municipalities, and consultants with both internal and external customers. Responsible for oversight and inspection of utility and/or contractor construction crews. Provides expertise and leadership support for region management.
Must possess a working knowledge of gas and/or electric utility operations at a level normally acquired through a two-year degree with strong technical emphasis; and Four years related work experience, with at least one year as a Field Operations Coordinator; or Acceptable combination of related work experience and education.
Key Skills & Competencies
• Demonstrate skills, knowledge and ability to recognize matters needing attention and to initiate action on that recognition.
• Have excellent working knowledge of company policies, practices and procedures as well as State and Federal requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and coordinate multiple groups on a project including during emergencies.
• Understand policies, practices and procedures to exercise sound discretionary judgement in handling or referring non-routine situations.
• Excellent organizational, customer service, and communication skills.
• Ability to remain calm, work safely and prioritize work including during stressful situations.
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate multiple groups on a project.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
• Proficient in the operation and use of personal computer applications including Microsoft Office Suite and Mobile applications.
• Must be legally authorized to work in the United States, no sponsorships considered.
• Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background checks.
• Apply online at jobs.mdu.com
This Employer Participates inE-Verify (PDF) (Downloads/EVerifyPoster.pdf) . Download PDF Application (PDF) (Downloads/MDU.pdf)
MDU Resources Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.