Avangrid Associate Plant Administrator in Farmington, Pennsylvania
Associate Plant Administrator
Company: PPM TECHNICAL SERVICES, I
Farmington, PA, US
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com (https://www.avangrid.com/wps/portal/avangrid/home)
The Associate Plant Administrator will report directly to the Plant Manager be responsible for providing support to their assigned wind and/or solar sites. Duties include budget management, inventory management, work order management as well as providing support to the Plant Manager, Plant Supervisor and Plant Technicians as needed.
• Complete daily reviews and timely closure (TECO) of all work orders
• Management of site inventory which includes updating the Availability Focused Inventory, submitting the weekly inventory order and conducting monthly cycle counts as well as maintaining a clean and organized stockroom. Ensure timely receipt of inventory into site stock.
• Update the Bill of Materials as needed and release Preventative Maintenance Work Orders per company policy to ensure timely delivery of PM materials
• Creation and management of purchase requisitions and purchase orders ensuring coding accuracy and timely closure upon receipt of goods and services
• Complete timely receipts and estimated accruals in SAP for goods received or services performed, within five days of goods physically being received on-site or services being completed, even if invoice has not yet been received to ensure costs are allocated in the proper month/year.
• Work closely with the Plant Manager and Buyer/Planners on all SRM bid requirements
• Assist the Plant Manager with the Large Corrective Maintenance process (i.e. work order creation, crane bid, heavy haul, etc.)
• Order office supplies and materials as needed
• Set up new vendors as required and work closely with vendors to ensure timely and accurate invoicing
• Plan and coordinate company functions such as team building events, regional meetings, etc.
• Assist site personnel with training and troubleshooting the Mobility application and provide IT support as needed
• Provide timely and professional responses to requests (such as reports or e-mails) received
• Assist Plant Managers and site staff on new fleetwide initiatives, operation changes and provide support on those initiatives and changes
• Must be able to produce reports from SAP to assist the Plant Manager with Operational and Budget Performance management
• Work closely and in a professional manner with all areas of the business to ask questions, troubleshoot and help resolve issues (i.e. Lead Plant administrator, Regional Planner, Accounts payable, Invoice acceptance, etc.)
• Must be able to provide support during quality audits of plant administrative work practices to ensure consistency and accuracy (ex. Work orders, Open purchase order and requisitions, availability control management, etc.)
• Must have the ability to ask questions and seek out answers to resolve issues or concerns as they relate to plant administrator duties
• Must be able to communicate clearly orally and in writing with all employees in all areas of the business
• Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in SAP
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & Outlook)
• Position may require up to 20% travel
Be a role model
Collaborate and Share
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Focus to achieve results
Skills and Requirements
• HS Diploma/GED and minimum of 4 years’ experience in a comparable administrative role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) with the ability to set up MS Windows profiles, email settings, printer access and desktop shortcuts, and the ability to interface with Helpdesk support on network and local server issues. Demonstrated skills in typing and proofreading.
• Demonstrated analytical and quantitative skills including the ability to analyze and interpret financial data; process and understand various accounting functionalities.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of the department and team.
• Prior experience of maintaining and adhering to inventory controls, working with SAP or equivalent ERP system, and purchasing and receiving activities.
• Demonstrated hardware skills such as the ability to move electronic equipment within the office space, knowledge of network access and computers, printers and peripherals.
Our Selection Process
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a medical Fit for Duty exam, background check, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check. A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash. A Motor Vehicle (MVR) check will be administered when a prospective employee will be regularly using a company vehicle. Avangrid Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status or class protected by federal or state law.
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com