Nuclear Fuel Services Maintenance - $38.39-$39.29/hour (Pipeline) in Euclid, Ohio
A pipeline or evergreen requisition means that the job description does not represent a current opening, but may be used to identify future candidates with skills and experience for frequent, critical-need positions. By applying, you are providing BWXT with consent to contact you for future openings of similar qualifications.
Position may be based in one of the following facilities: Lynchburg, Virginia or Erwin, Tennessee
Maintenance - BWX Technologies, Inc. - Euclid, OH
To install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain equipment systems in accordance with codes, diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments.
· To install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain equipment systems in accordance with codes, diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and precision measuring and testing instruments.
· Diagnose malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures, using test equipment, and replaces damaged or broken wires and cables, using hand tools.
· Diagnose & replace faulty electrical components of machinery, such as relays, switches, motors, and positions sensing devices, using hand tools.
· At times, plan layout of wiring and install wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus in buildings [Electrician (construction) 824.261-010].
· Diagnose & replace faulty electrical and electronic components of machinery, such as relays, switches, motors, and positions sensing devices, using hand tools.
· Diagnose malfunctions in machinery in operation to isolate repair requirements.
· Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
· Adjust mechanical devices and control instruments using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
· Repair or replace defective parts using hand tools and power tools.
· Operate tow motor, scissor lift, and boom lift.
· Perform preventative maintenance on machines.
· Set up and operate lathe, drill press, grinder, welding equipment, and other metalworking tools to make and repair equipment parts as needed.
· Edit and troubleshoot PLC's, ladder logic.
· Repair facility based systems.
· Move and install new equipment throughout the facility while checking level, laser geometry, and accuracy/positioning.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
· High school diploma or GED equivalency
· Required Certifications, Licenses, and Registration: NFPA70E and Electrical Safety, Industrial AC/DC
· Have seen seven (7) years of experience in facility and machine maintenance.
· Must be able to troubleshoot and edit the ladder logic on Fanuc and Siemens CNC controls.
· Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Hydraulic, and Pneumatic systems.
· Be able to read and interpret complex circuit schematics/diagrams and blueprints.
· Have working knowledge of building systems (air, plumbing, roof, windows, doors, and structures).
· Be experienced in construction including building and structural codes, platform specification and fabrication, machining of components and foundations.
· Be willing to learn and be assisted by other operators on proper operational procedures.
· Be willing and able to perform housekeeping and other job related duties as assigned by foreman.
· Demonstrate above skills by passing written and practical tests.
· Own appropriate personal tools.
· Acquire power industrial truck license.
The characteristics listed below are representative of the physical demands required by an individual to successfully perform the essential duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
· While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic, and caustic chemicals and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment ranges from normal noise levels to loud.
*Relocation assistance will be provided to those who qualify
**BWXT offers a full range of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K, flexible work schedule, vacation/holiday, company-wide shutdowns, 24/7 gym on-site, and more!
As a federal government contractor, BWX Technologies, Inc. and any subsidiaries, affiliates and related entities (“BWXT” or the “Company”) complies with all federal, state, and local laws and customer requirements regarding COVID-19 safety protocols, including, but not limited to, any applicable COVID-19 vaccination and testing requirements. This means that any existing BWXT employees and new hires, whether working at a customer site, working remotely, or working in a BWXT facility, will be required to adhere to applicable COVID-19 requirements. These requirements may include vaccination, attestations regarding vaccination status and/or regular COVID-19 testing, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative test results as a condition of employment. Requests for a reasonable accommodation will be reviewed and assessed pursuant to applicable law and Company policy. Please speak with your BWXT Talent Acquisition Representative to determine which protocols will apply to the work location assigned to the job you are seeking.
BWXT supports diversity and is committed to the concept of Equal Employment Opportunity. We have established procedures to ensure that all personnel actions such as recruitment, compensation, career development, benefits, company-sponsored training and social recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or veteran status.