Eversource Energy Supervisor, Clerical and Administrative Support, Planning and Scheduling in East Windsor Hill, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Drives the performance of the clerical and administrative support teams within the Gas Operations Planning and Scheduling Organization by providing day-to-day leadership, coaching, and support to team members who perform clerical tasks to ensure timely response and exceptional service to internal and external customers.
Responsible for overseeing the various job responsibilities including the initiation and preparation of various work orders to support the Operating and Capital work plans of each Gas Company, executing contractor billing and invoicing support for work activities performed by Gas Field Operations at the local work center level, and overseeing time entry. Works collaboratively with the local Project Controls, Maintenance, Meter Services and Construction organizations. Supervisors ensure that all required work is initiated, prepared and completed in an accurate, timely and cost-effective manner. Adheres to prescribed timeframes for all capital, maintenance and mandated work to ensure that regulatory requirements, customer needs and business objectives are continually satisfied. The Supervisor trains the workforce and assigns work in a manner to achieve optimum efficiency across all operating regions within their assigned territories.
- Collaborates with the Project Management and the Planning and Scheduling department to support timely workorder creation, in certain work regions, ensuring adequate work is available
- Responsible for the integrity of data input into the work management systems and operating databases
- Responsible for Contractor Billing reconciliation and invoicing process
- Supports reconciliation of purchasing card transactions and enters expenses
- Confirms police/traffic details are ordered as needed in certain work regions
- Ensures the payroll process, as assigned, is supported and verifies payroll as needed
- Maintains ARCOS process including Area on-call lists and weekly OT reports
- Assigns responsibility of checks writing for permits as needed in various regions
- Analyzes performance measures and metrics to monitor and evaluate the performance of the staff employees and ability to meet internal expectations
- Identifies and implements work practices and process improvement plans to improve efficiency and ensure consistency
- Supervises the management and development of the clerical and admin staff.
- Other work as assigned
- Requires knowledge of gas distribution operations including construction and maintenance practices.
- Strong knowledge of customer information systems, Work Management Systems, MS Office products (Access, Word and Excel) and work management processes.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of related experience including managing multiple projects and deadlines, utilizing technology and process implementation in electric or gas distribution and/or operations.
- Experience Supervising in a Union environment preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
- This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment which involves sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office area. Job can require frequent drives to different geographic locations to visit field sites or attend meetings as necessary.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Must be available to work emergency assignments as required.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit personnel in various work centers
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to the team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service, striving to create a “Plus One” culture
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs