Greystone Power HR Specialist-Payroll in Douglasville, Georgia
Job Code: 2021-200-019
Division: Corporate Services
FT/PT Status: Regular Full Time
Position Based In: Hiram
Apply Before: 10/15/2021
Develop and maintain the HRMS and payroll software for the HR Department. Prepare all compliance reporting activities as required. Process, maintain quarterly and year-to-date controls, reports and requests for information. Maintain all employee electronic records, including benefits, deductions and pay rates. Assists with the review and processing of all billing invoices related to benefits, garnishments, etc. Provide back-up support to other HR employees as needed. Oversees & manages mail room including personnel, postage meter, pick up and distribution of mail.
- Process all bi-weekly pay changes relating to step increases, promotions and annual merit and structure changes. Processes payroll changes bi-weekly based on employee change forms (i.e. taxes, benefits, etc.). Sets up and maintains deduction and benefit codes in the payroll & HRMS.
- Works closely with the Accounting staff on bi-weekly payroll process, quarterly and annual tax filings including comprehensive review of draft W-2’s. Prepare and upload the W2 information to NRECA and other regulatory agencies.
- Completes salary surveys and employment verification requests from third parties.
- Coordinate with management on annual merit and structure increases. May assist with annual merit matrix.
- Administers and processes garnishments including disbursements coordinating with affected employee, Accounting Department and garnishors as necessary.
- Processes all earnings, tax, deduction, and benefit changes to ensure accuracy of employee W-2’s.
- Serves as a resource to employees on any payroll related questions, including paid time off, catastrophic illness leave, or disability pay, tax inquiries.
- Manages the taxable benefits (company owned vehicles – transportation (quarterly), insurance tax over 50k) on a bi-weekly basis.
- Calculates and updates paid time off benefits for part time employee’s bi-weekly earnings corrections.
- Coordinates with Benefits Administrator on items related to benefits including employee changes, new hire set up, terminations, invoice processing and vendor payments. Serves as regular back up to Benefits Administrator and cross training partner.
- Assists with coordination with benefit providers on invoice or payment issues as needed.
- Assist with preparation and distribution of compensation and benefit information for reporting to benefit providers and other agencies (auditors, government agencies, etc).
- Prepares models and reports as needed/requested by management including historical payroll and compensation transactions and provide analysis and/or interpretation of the same.
- Maintain spreadsheets as needed with employee records. Runs reports on historical and current employee compensation information.
- Responsible for overall supervision of mailroom including postage equipment, staff-mail clerk, postage maintenance (purchase of postage for the postage meter), sorting and distribution of the mail.
- Ensure compliance with board policies relating to payroll and benefits.
- Other projects and assignments as requested by the Manager, Human Resources and/or VP, Corporate Services.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelors’ degree in business administration or related area
- Five years of experience in payroll administration required.
- Payroll experience in SEDC/UPN preferred.
Prior HRMS experience required (Sage HRMS preferred).
Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office products. High level proficiency with EXCEL is required.
- Prior experience as generalist in Human Resources environment/department preferred. .
- Demonstrated experience interpreting company policies and ensuring compliance.
- Effective problem solving skills, self-starter and the ability to work well with others and with minimal supervision.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; able to interact professionally with employees at all levels.
- Highly efficient and able to operate under immense pressure; able to manage multiple deadlines well; proven ability to initiate, plan, organize, monitor and report on several projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information and apply discretion in the handling of that information.
Physical Demands (if applicable):
Talking, sitting, seeing, hearing, and typing. This job is typically performed in an office environment but will require minimal travel a few times annually to training meetings or conferences.
Our employees enjoy an array of benefits, including the following:
Health, Dental, and Vision Plan
GreyStone Pension/Retirement Plan and 401(k) Plan
Short and Long Term Disability
Attractive Leave Plan with paid holidays and paid time off
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Health Savings Account & Flexible Spending Account options
Employee Assistance Program