Eversource Energy System Operations Procedure Writer in Dorchester, Massachusetts
Job Description Summary:
Individual creates, maintains and publishes transmission and distribution System Operations procedures for Eversource.
- Develop, revise and publish Eversource System Operations procedures.
- Identify procedural and regulatory changes and make necessary modifications to Eversource System Operations procedures.
- Develop, revise and publish detailed instructions, procedures, and guidelines for the operation of transmission, distribution and generation facilities in NH and Eastern MA, and distribution only facilities in CT and WMA.
- Ensure System Operations procedures comply with NERC Reliability Standards, ISO-NE procedures and other regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate with Eversource departments, ISO-NE, neighboring utilities, Member Companies and Member Participants to exchange information necessary for the creation and updating of System Operations procedures.
- Perform periodic reviews of Eversource System Operations procedures, and substation operating instructions for NH and Eastern MA, to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Represent System Operations Procedures at meetings, on committees and at conferences.
- Participate in event review teams and prepare incident analyses as requested by operations management.
- Provide documentation, gather evidence and participate in compliance audits.
Technical Knowledge / Skill:
- Knowledge of transmission and distribution electric system operations.
- Knowledge of functions of the various components that make up the Eversource electric system.
- Knowledge of NERC Reliability Standards and other regulatory requirements.
- Familiarity with document management systems.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Read and interpret electrical schematic diagrams.
- Communicate and work effectively with personnel at various levels within Eversource and external parties.
- Proficient with Lotus Notes e-mail and databases, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Eight years of related experience in electric power distribution, transmission or generation preferred.
- Two years experience as a System Operator preferred.
- Two years experience as a procedure writer preferred.
- Valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Ability to obtain NERC Transmission Operator within 6 months.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor