Eversource Energy Supervisor Integrated Planning and Scheduling in Dorchester, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.7 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Role and Scope of Position:
This position is responsible for implementing the integrated master schedule and resource plan for all Substation/Transmission and Distribution Capital, Maintenance and Reliability Projects under the responsibility of Electric Operations. Provides master scheduling for district operations, Vegetation and Conduit, Substation Operations or Major Projects. Responsible for the overall data integrity and adherence to scheduling standards. Maintains cost templates, activity models and historical data to provide accurate estimates and forecasts. Works with district/substation management and Centralized Resource Planning to ensure that the required workload is completed in the most efficient and cost-effective manner. Adheres to prescribed timeframes for all capital, maintenance and compliance workload to maximize the productivity of district/substation operations. Responsible for monitoring district performance through utilization analyses. Participates in the supervisory on-call rotation.
- Maintains and implements the master work schedules for district operations, Vegetation and Conduit, Substation Operations or Major Projects.
- Maintains data for the global templates used to create schedules and forecasts of future resource requirements. Tracks historical costs and durations for continuous improvement of work plan estimates.
- Works with the Senior Scheduling Supervisors and district/substation management to provide contingency plans for rebalancing the workload.
- Monitors current and future workload to ensure district plans and schedules maximize productivity, control costs and meet or exceeds service level agreements (SLA’s).
- Monitors district performance through analysis of manpower utilization and workload trends and productivity. Keeps district/substation management informed of results.
- Identifies, develops and implements work process and best practices for overall planning and scheduling.
- Responsible for the integrity of data input into work management systems and operating databases
- Requires expert level project and schedule management skills, including knowledge of scheduling tool, Primavera 5 or better
- Knowledge of Construction Principles and Practices, Operations, Maintenance, Safety Standards and Business Processes
- Requires working knowledge of labor contracts
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in scheduling and project controls including three (3) years of experience in Transmission, Distribution, and/or Field Service design and/or installation, servicing customers and supervising employees
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required
Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary
Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office area
- Attends to problems in off-hours and for extended periods
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes analyzing, consulting, designing, implementing, presenting, leading and coordinating
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs