NextEra Energy Gas Operations Technical Instructor in Doral, Florida
Gas Operations Technical Instructor
Date:Oct 15, 2020
Primary Location:Doral, FL, US, 33178
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 45249
Florida City Gas is part of a national company with local roots in the communities we serve. We serve approximately 108,000 residential and commercial natural gas customers in Florida’s Miami-Dade, Brevard, St. Lucie, and Indian River counties. Join our team today.
Position Specific Description As a technical instructor with our gas operations team, you will be responsible for ensuring your team members are adequately prepared to conduct gas operations activities in assigned service territories. The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Prior natural gas field and training experience
- Proven knowledge of familiarity with PHMSA 49 CFR 191 & 192 codes Let us help you take your career to the NEXT level, apply now and help us make a difference
Employees in this role provide professional technical gas operation and operator qualification training to operations team members in areas including line locating, leak investigation, leak survey and detection, pressure testing, cathodic protection and pipeline corrosion, overpressure protection and the operation of regulating equipment. This role utilizes systematic approaches to training to develop and maintain training materials. Employees in this role conduct classroom and field training programs. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares and conducts operations and safety-related training and Operator Qualification evaluations per Federal requirements (OSHA, DOT, etc.) for company employees and contractors
- Prepares and revises training materials and ensures training are current and consistent with regulatory requirements
- Maintains records of training and qualifications and related accidents reports
- Ensures training and baseline qualification completions are conducted for assigned divisions
- Provides technical assistance to the operating divisions
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 3+ years
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience: 7+ years
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Training Organization: Florida City Gas Location: Doral, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs