DTE Energy Staff Auditor - Information Technology in Detroit, Michigan
Staff Auditor - Information Technology
Detroit, MI, US
Company: DTE Eng Corp Svcs LLC
Job ID: 6966
DTE is one of the nation’s largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer’s homes and Michigan’s progress for more than a century. And as Michigan’s largest source of renewable energy, we’re creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We’re also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we’re more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you’ll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone’s health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
Testing Required: Not Applicable
Plans, develops, and conducts independent information technology audits. Conducts regulatory controls testing (e.g., Sarbanes-Oxley controls testing). Coordinates administration of technology systems used in the audit process. Performs data analysis to identify data patterns and determine any system issues. Provides guidance and expertise to team members. Works under minimal supervision and completes assignments independently under the general direction of more experienced auditors. Span of control: 0; individual contributor.
Plans and executes information technology audits
Conducts Sarbanes-Oxley controls testing and/or other required regulatory testing (e.g., North American Electric Reliability Corporation Critical Infrastructure Protection (NERC-CIP), etc.)
Ensures documentation supports conclusions and conforms to required standards
Accumulates pertinent data, organizes material, uses sampling techniques, query tools and software analysis tools, and utilizes data analytics on non-complex audits
Partners with clients to help provide guidance on internal control structures, information security, information privacy, process efficiencies, and re-engineering initiatives
Keeps abreast of technology trends and standards to ensure appropriate controls
Develops and conducts formal and informal presentations at various levels of audit results
Coordinates administration of information technology systems
Works with internal and external teams in a collaborative environment during audit process
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
This is a dual-track base requirement job; education and experience requirements can be satisfied through one of the following two options:
Bachelor's degree in information technology, business, engineering, or science-related discipline and 3 years of experience in information technology, information technology audit, information technology compliance and/or risk assurance; OR
Associate degree in an information technology, business, engineering, or science-related discipline with 5 years of experience in information technology, information technology audit, information technology compliance and/or risk assurance
Certification as certified internal auditor (CIA), certified information system auditor (CISA), or similar professional certification (e.g., certified information systems security professional (CISSP)) or completion within two years of date hired into role
• Experience with business operations systems, cyber security, network/database engineering, controls/risk assessments, information security and privacy, and/or regulatory compliance
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or accounting information systems
• Information Technology security or operations related certification(s)
• Formal training in continuous improvement processes
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Organizational skills and good oral/written communication skills
• Knowledge of information technology processes/methodologies
• General understanding of information technology standards and processes (i.e., emerging technologies, architectures, systems design, systems integration, and automated controls)
• Ability to quickly learn new technology environments, processes, frameworks, and technologies
• Ability to work independently
• Ability to work collaboratively on a team and build strong working relationships
• Ability to manage small non-complex projects
• Ability to participate in effective meetings and protect confidential information
• Computer proficiency, including basic Microsoft office software skills
• Possesses a valid driver's license and meets company driving standards, inclusive of providing own transportation within the service area
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.