DTE Energy Principal Supervisor - Quality - MEP in Detroit, Michigan
Principal Supervisor - Quality - MEP
Detroit, MI, US
Company: DTE Eng Corp Svcs LLC
Job ID: 7899
DTE is one of the nation’s largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer’s homes and Michigan’s progress for more than a century. And as Michigan’s largest source of renewable energy, we’re creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We’re also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we’re more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you’ll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone’s health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
Location: Downtown Detroit - Walker Cisler Building
Bidding Restriction: 1 Year
Supervises the development and implementation of Quality Management functions: Project Oversight and Process Oversight, Reporting and Metrics. Ensures program strategy and direction are properly translated into measurable business strategies, objectives, and milestones. Communicates clearly to leadership on the performance of various organizations. Span of Control: 5-10 Individual Contributors
• Accurately assesses and communicates through audits, inspections / examinations, surveillances, and corrective action documents the performance of the business unit in accordance with the Quality Management System manual, policies, procedures, and project specifications.
• Plans and performs technical construction quality inspection work to verify compliance with project plans, codes, specifications, and standards established for the business unit.
• Initiates Corrective Action Request (CAR) as required for conditions effecting quality to gain resolution and minimize re-work.
• Coordinates trending of Quality Management activities.
• Develops and implements Quality Management Business Plan goals.
• Consults with stakeholders, vendors, and suppliers.
• Develops implementation plans, communicates changes effectively, builds commitment and overcomes resistance, prepares and supports those affected by change, monitors transition and evaluates results.
• Develops practices, procedures, and processes to facilitate the operational objectives.
• Coaches and counsels members of cross-functional teams to accomplish goals to meet established objectives and resolve operational issues.
• Scans industry trends to consideration to improve Quality Management practices and approaches
• Complies with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
• Leads the continuous improvement commitment and efforts within area of responsibility: designing processes; establishing quality and quantity standards and metrics; collecting, refining, adapting and communicating best practices; sharing knowledge and developing staff in a systematic fashion. Uses process design outcomes to solve problems.
• Ensures the accomplishment of the following core supervisory/management functions for a given group(s) within area of responsibility; planning, organizing, directing the performance of on-going activities and/or special/ad hoc assignments, staffing (employee selections, training, coaching and performance management, time entry), coordinating, reporting and budgeting.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Quality, Construction or other relevant degree and 5 years of relevant experience (i.e. quality, construction, inspection, and/or auditing) inclusive of 2 years of leadership experience (formal or informal)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• ISO 9001 Lead Auditor
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
• Provides feedback and coaching, rewards hard work, takes mentoring role, challenges, and develops employees, accepts mistakes, provides visibility/opportunity.
• Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others and has good listening skills.
• Leadership skills and ability to work effectively with people at all levels, both internal and external the Company.
• Ability to establish clear direction, gain consensus, align resources, and motivate and influence a cross functional team.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.