DTE Energy Manager Compensation in Detroit, Michigan
Detroit, MI, US
Company: DTE Eng Corp Svcs LLC
Job ID: 6783
DTE is one of the nation’s largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer’s homes and Michigan’s progress for more than a century. And as Michigan’s largest source of renewable energy, we’re creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We’re also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we’re more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you’ll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone’s health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
Oversees the development and implementation of various broad-based compensation programs. Provides consulting to the business regarding compensation inquiries and is accountable for the design, implementation and administration of compensation programs including base and variable pay programs, incentives, and special pay programs. Provides compensation analytics to a wide variety of internal customers to assist in decision-making. Partners with other HR disciplines to ensure services are integrated and aligned with business objectives. Span of control - Responsible for leading a small team of compensation professionals.
• Provides internal compensation consulting services to a wide array of business units by working closely with HR Business Partners.
• Partners with business units and HR Business Partners to address compensation challenges and concerns, including but not limited to talent retention, internal compression, and market competitiveness. Designs, implements and administers solutions to address challenges.
• Supports executive compensation programs and processes, as needed, including but not limited to equity compensation plans, non-qualified compensation and retirement plans, Independent Director compensation, annual Proxy statement preparation, and executive base and variable compensation design and administration.
• Oversees the job evaluation process, utilizing market data and FLSA guidelines to provide recommendations to HR Business Partners.
• Reviews and maintains market survey data in order to remain competitive with market rates.
• Administers and maintain various compensation programs such as base pay review, general increases, and short-term incentive programs.
• Effectively communicates compensation program changes to HR Business Partners to ensure smooth implementation.
• Responsible for the technical compensation support required for union negotiations.
• Responsible for analysis and evaluation of competitive market information and research of external labor market trends.
• Conducts research on HR, compensation, and benefits practices to recommend alternative strategies and approaches.
• Analyzes new hire rates, merit pay increases, bonus payouts, and individual/group market placement. Evaluates internal and external equity and makes recommendations for adjustments as appropriate.
• Ensures HR efficiency and data integrity in order to ensure reliable program administration, communication, and decision-making priorities.
• Leads the continuous improvement commitment and efforts within area of responsibility: designing processes; establishing quality/quantity standards and metrics; collecting, refining, adapting and communicating ‘best practices’; sharing knowledge and developing staff in a systematic fashion. Uses process design outcomes to solve problems.
• Performs or guides and ensures the accomplishment of the following core leadership functions for a given business unit group: planning, organizing, directing, staffing/employee selection, training, performance management, coordinating, reporting and budgeting. Conducts staff performance appraisals and competency assessments recommending pay adjustments as appropriate.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Management or related discipline with seven years of Human Resources experience, inclusive of five years of experience in the design and/or administration of compensation programs and one year of experience in a formal or project-based leadership role.
• Five years of experience in the design, implementation and measurement of multiple pay programs, including base, variable and specialized pay programs.
• Knowledge of compensation principles and practices including salary administration, job assessment and job evaluation methodologies.
• Knowledge of various tools and sources for collection of market data, developing salary structures, job description management, data analysis, and management reporting.
• Knowledge of FLSA and other compensation related regulatory requirements.
• Ability to understand business operations at a broad financial, technical and operational level; translate business needs into action; excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, priority establishment, and team skills.
• Proficient verbal, nonverbal, written, and presentation skills.
• Ability for problem analysis, problem solving, negotiation, and conflict management.
• Ability to effectuate organizational change within the context of total compensation management.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.IND123
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.