DTE Energy IT Specialist - Consultant - Innovation Lead in Detroit, Michigan
IT Specialist - Consultant - Innovation Lead
Detroit, MI, US
Company: DTE Eng Corp Svcs LLC
Job ID: 7591
DTE is one of the nation’s largest diversified energy companies. Our electric and gas companies have fueled our customer’s homes and Michigan’s progress for more than a century. And as Michigan’s largest source of renewable energy, we’re creating a cleaner, healthier environment to power our future. We’re also serving communities beyond Michigan, where our affiliated businesses offer renewable energy, emission control technologies, and energy services to industries in 19 states.
But we’re more than a leading energy company... and working at DTE is more than just a job. At DTE, we take great care of each other and our customers, and we use our energy to be a force for growth and prosperity in our communities. When you join us, you’ll be part of a team that welcomes, recognizes, and celebrates differences and values everyone’s health, safety, and wellbeing. Are you ready to make that kind of difference? Bring your energy to DTE. Together, we can achieve great things.
Testing Required: Not Applicable
- Ability to interpret business strategy and determine innovative solutions supporting strategy implementation and business challenges. Design and model solutions for business unit innovation and experience along with similar initiatives variants. Perform with innovation development groups to conduct insights as well as design outputs to their work. Manage and evaluate portfolio data and innovation pipeline assisting strategic decision-making process. Ability to work with a brief list of assumptions and inspire others with a clear vision and engaging facilitation. Willingness to navigate unchartered territory and manage internal politics and buy in. Curious and willing to network with others to find opportunities for speed to value. Background and experience with technical background, system integration, business or system architecture, design thinking, or user experience preferred. Provides technical guidance and direction to innovation, IT, and business leads when additional insights are necessary. Balances workloads and skill alignment to ensure engagements are appropriately staffed.
Creates, maintains and manages project work plans. Manages budgets, recommends/forecasts budget requirements.
Ensure to interpret business strategy and determine innovative solutions supporting strategy implementation.
Design and model solutions for customer innovation and experience along with similar initiatives variants.
Ensure to share decisions’ authority to translate strategies in procedures and programs.
Develop high-performance atmosphere.
Perform as strategic partner to head innovation of influence change and new processes.
Lead and direct different cross-functional programs and projects of varied sizes and types concurrently.
Contribute and influence strategic direction for senior leadership using informal and formal communication.
Manage and attain customer expectations and ensure delivery fulfill expectations
Coordinate all cross-functional activities, represent customers internally and collaborate with leaders in varied areas on allocation across projects and resource planning.
Ensure to exercise decision-making and independent judgment while being aligned with customers and management.
Coordinate new product along with packaging plans with suitable contacts.
Provides technical guidance and direction to innovation leads
Balances workloads and skill alignment to ensure engagements are appropriately staffed
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
Bachelor's degree in a related field and 8 to 10 years of experience.
Individuals without a formal degree will need 10 to 12 years' equivalent experience
• Expertise in area: Cloud architecture, cybersecurity, infrastructure architecture including network architecture, data architecture, or user/customer experience
• Demonstrated proficiency in understanding, modeling, and representing an organizations business and technical requirements in a human consumable manner, as it relates to strategy
• Solid understanding of enterprise level vendor systems such as Microsoft O365, SAP, and IBM Maximo
• 2+ years of experience defining and implementing strategies under a CTO or CIO (or equivalent)
• Expertise in providing architectural/marketing views that communicate the complexity of large systems and facilitate the management of complex environments
• Experience leading the strategic use of emerging technologies
Recognized expert in current technologies, application development and application integration pertinent to the Enterprise.
Stays abreast of latest technologies, vendor offerings.
Strong analytical skills.
Highly skilled communicator, able to discuss expertise with non-technical people.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
At DTE Energy, we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcome and a sense of belonging. We seek individuals with a heart for service, a passion to help our communities prosper, and ideas to help shape the future of energy. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.