Xcel Energy Supply Chain Innovation & Transformation Director Job in Denver, Colorado
Location(s): CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis
Are you ready to take your leadership potential to the next level with a growing Fortune 500 company? Xcel Energy is at the leading edge of an industry that is changing quickly. We’re seeking dynamic, proven leaders to help guide us into this exciting energy future. If you’re looking to lead at a company that is committed to excellence, safety and environmental stewardship, with plenty of room to grow, consider a position at Xcel Energy. We also invest in our leaders. From specific programs for new and aspiring leaders to just-in-time resoures to support the seasoned manager, we provide development for any stage of their career.
Key leader in the strategic planning, management and implementation of transformation-focused enterprise programs. Responsible for program governance and administration including program management and financial management. Establish and measure key performance metrics. Analyze and act on key trends. Lead and support continuous improvement efforts. Direct the day-to-day management of program operations, including planning and execution of projects that support strategic technology initiatives, cross-functional business improvement, and business area strategic operational objectives.
1) Direct activities to strategically address cross-functional process, technology and operational improvement. Support business case development and ownership, operational process measurement, and integration for transformation strategies. Ensure best-in-class program management practices are employed to oversee schedule, cost, governance, and change control processes. Ensure program risk management processes are in place to manage financial, schedule, regulatory, compliance, and public acceptance risk.
2) Collaborate across the business to provide process improvement and project management support to enhance process and technology effectiveness at all levels. Improve organizational commitment to enterprise transformation efforts. Establish framework for prioritizing and managing demand across programs. Analyze, measure, and control the performance of programs. Track and manage ideas for the identification, categorization, evaluation, selection, prioritization and authorization of program/project efforts to support objectives. Drive accuracy in forecasts, maintain variance documentation to support rate cases, and meet annual program budget targets. Provide direction on financial variance management.
3) Embed project methodology and supporting processes within the initiatives. Identify risks and issues, then provide effective mitigation. Monitor program activities, resolve, and/or escalate issues as needed. Facilitate resource and release planning efforts at the program, project and initiative levels. Monitor execution phase progress to ensure activities are completed in a timely, effective, and consistent manner. Ensure lessons learned are applied to subsequent efforts.
4) Develop strong relationship with vendors, leadership teams, and, Program/Project Managers/Leads. Manage customer expectations and continually drive improvements in customer satisfaction. Support budget and ongoing planning processes within associated business areas. Resolve conflict through diplomatic facilitation, sound negotiation skills, and consensus building techniques.
5) Maintain current knowledge of industry trends. Initiate benchmarking where appropriate. Share knowledge internally and via external technology and industry forums.
Bachelor’s in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, or related field.
At least 10 years of Supply Chain process and systems expertise in procurement, warehousing, and fleet/transportation management is needed.
5 years of experience managing multiple and/or large, complex projects with large budgets and/or directing a system integrator.
Proven ability to drive results, lead through change, communicate effectively, and work collaboratively
Management consulting experience strongly preferred
As a leading combination electricity and natural gas energy company, Xcel Energy offers a comprehensive portfolio of energy-related products and services to 3.4 million electricity and 1.9 million natural gas customers across eight Western and Midwestern states. At Xcel Energy, we strive to be the preferred and trusted provider of the energy our customers need. If you’re ready to be a part of something big, we invite you to join our team.
Posting Notes: CO - Denver || CO - Denver; MN - Minneapolis || United States (US) || Generation || 42800:Supply Chain || Full-Time || Non-Bargaining ||
The anticipated starting base pay for this position is: $124,700 to $177,166 per year
Click here (https://jobs.xcelenergy.com/content/Total-Rewards/?locale=en_US) to see our benefits
Requisition Number: 30744
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Individuals with a disability who need an accommodation to apply please contact us at email@example.com