American Electric Power Transmission Asset Strategy Business Analyst (Sr. - Principal) in Columbus, Ohio
Transmission Asset Strategy Business Analyst (Sr. - Principal)
Based on education and experience, this job opportunity will be filled at either of these job titles/classifications in the Transmission Asset Strategy Business Analyst job family:
TAS Business Analyst Principal
TAS Business Analyst Sr. = bachelor's degree + 6 years' experience
Position Summary: Overall responsibility to provide business and regulatory support for AEP Transmission projects especially for Transcos. Assist with and coordinate the support of AEP Transmission regulatory filings in various state jurisdictions, regulatory updates and reporting of the Transcos. Implement processes and coordinate with multi-disciplinary groups (i.e., legal, regulatory, engineering, design, construction, project management, accounting, finance) to implement AEP Transmission business requirements and goals.
Assist in regulatory matters, including but not limited to, obtaining the necessary regulatory approvals for Transcos, Transource or other AEP Transmission JVs. (i.e state CPCN filings) This includes outreach and communication with state commission’s staff.
Provide support in the preparation of expert witness testimony in utility status applications and state regulatory proceedings.
Lead the preparation of necessary reports for the AEP Transcos.
Advise and coordinate multi-disciplinary groups with respect to the business and regulatory support of AEP Transmission.
Draft presentations and position papers for advocacy efforts, conferences, and stakeholder forums.
Provide support to Transmission Asset Strategy Manager on other duties as assigned.
Provide coordination and staff support on behalf of Transmission Asset Strategy & Policy to various transmission teams, including transmission finance, transmission planning, and transmission projects management.
Auto req ID:
Education : Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Public Policy, Engineering or related field.
Experience : six (6) years of electric utility or related power experience in regulatory or RTO matters, project coordination, financial analysis, asset management and development.
1) A self-starter that exemplifies AEP’s Values and promotes a cooperative working environment with an emphasis on safety and good utility practice.
2) Strong oral and written communication skills including presentation skills.
3) Must possess some knowledge in electric power systems.
4) Understanding of transmission cost recovery mechanisms including FERC tariffs and state regulatory policies, processes and recovery mechanisms is desired.
5) Transmission system knowledge and RTO experience, knowledge and established relationships are highly desired.
6) Must be proficient using software such as Microsoft Power Point, Word and Excel.
7) Some travel required.
8) Sense of commercial innovation, personal stamina and committed work ethic, with the ability to work long hours when needed to meet deadlines.
9) Ability to work across several interdisciplinary groups in accomplishing various project goals.
10) Ability to keep commercially sensitive items confidential.
Equal Opportunity Employer | Minorities/Females/Disability/Vets