NextEra Energy Power Delivery Summer College Intern(T/S) in Cocoa, Florida
Power Delivery Summer College Intern(T/S)
Date:Sep 9, 2020
Primary Location:Cocoa, FL, US, 32922
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 45956
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description Our team is the best in the industry and along with the investments we’ve made in our infrastructure, we have realized remarkable achievements. By building the smartest and strongest grid to improve our customers’ lives. Together, we will make a difference and make powerful connections every day.
Join our power delivery engineering team as a 2021 summer intern supporting our T/S team. In order to qualify for this role, you must be pursuing an undergraduate or masters level degree in an electrical engineering or related technical field with a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. A minimumcumulativeGPA of a 3.0 is required. Prefer Sophomore, Junior or Senior.
As a power deliver summer intern, you can expect to:
- Apply diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to broad variety of assignments and related fields.
- Evaluate, select, and apply standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform a task or sequence of tasks for conventional projects
- Work on small projects or portions of larger projects. Support development of standards and engineering guidelines, conduct analysis on system performance and reliability strategy and provide recommendations.
- Leverage new technology and Smart Grid solutions to provide superior service to our customers
- Exercise project management, negotiations, performance tracking and reporting
- Build communication skills, create presentations, attend and support meetings
- Participate in all aspects of engineering design, permitting and construction
- Work with other departments within the organization to establish customer requirements and project costs
- Interact with customers that you encounter to ensure award-winning customer service
- Apply design skills and utilize design programs to maintain and enhance our electric grid Job Overview
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale). Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Employee Group: Non Exempt Employee Type: Intern Job Category: Intern Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Cocoa, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs