NextEra Energy Transmission Operations Leader in Clifton Park, New York
Transmission Operations Leader
Date:Jan 4, 2021
Primary Location:Clifton Park, NY, US, 12065
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 47841
NextEra Energy Transmission, LLC (NEET) is the leading competitive transmission company in North America. We develop, finance, construct, operate, and maintain transmission assets across the continent.
Position Specific Description Our Empire state transmission team is currently seeking an experienced Electrical Protection and Control Operations Leader to support the field operation group. Employees in this role apply diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to a broad variety of assignments and related fields.
Specific Job Duties:
- Provide direct support and supervision to achieve safe, reliable, and regulatory compliant construction, upgrades, troubleshooting, and maintenance of high voltage transmission lines, protective relaying systems, substation integration & automation systems, substation control systems, and remote terminal units.
- Execute, track, and report out maintenance and project progress.
- Ensure compliance to NERC (PRC, CIP), and NYISO reliability standards, guides, and protocols for station equipment.
- Ensure compliance to construction specifications, operating standards, and procedures. The main location for this position will be in Buffalo, NY with travel to the Empire Control Center in Clifton Park, NY as needed. Apply now!
Employees in this role supervise crews and other support personnel to achieve safe, reliable, and compliant construction, operations, and maintenance of transmission line and substations facilities within a designated geographic area. Individuals oversee the coordination of service center operations and ensure the compliance of construction and operating standards, specifications, and procedures. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Schedules and initiates construction and maintenance activities for effective utilization of resources which meet customer requirements
- Ensures appropriate tools, equipment, materials, and vehicles necessary to efficiently and economically perform work are available
- Administers the joint bargaining unit Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) in a consistent and equitable manner to promote union-management cooperation
- Promotes activities for protecting the safety of employees, equipment, and the general public
- Directs planning, budgeting, and execution of work
- Develops strategies for condition assessment based organization
- Drives implementation of quality concepts and Six Sigma processes
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Associate’s or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 7+ years
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 2+ years
- Bachelor’s Degree
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Operations Organization: NextEra Transmission, LLC Location: Clifton Park, New York Other Work Locations: New York Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs