MasTec Advanced Technologies Intern, Software Development in Clifton Park, New York
Essential Duties: * Develop and unit test complex .NET applications using C# according to specific business requirements in an efficient and accurate manner in order to meet deadlines and stakeholder expectations. * Participate in application design sessions and code reviews to ensure accuracy according to business requirements and development guidelines, and increase skills through knowledge transfer. * Participate in the development of detailed system/design documents to aid application maintainability. * Responsible for the creation of requirements use cases, UI mockups, and documentation. * Create cross-browser code that is clean, extensible and compact. * Troubleshoot and debug existing applications. Other Duties: * Perform general clerical work such as filing, copying, mailing, etc. * Perform other duties as assigned.
- Currently pursuing Bachelors/Masters in Computer Science or related field.
- Be available to work in the Clifton, Park NY office.
- Experience with MVC, SQL Server / T-SQL, agile-based SDLC methodologies, a Version Control System, cloud based systems such as AWS or Azure, and Test Driven Development.
- Solid ability to handle confidential, sensitive and critical issues with demonstrated history of a commitment to ethics, honesty, integrity and credibility.
- Solid problem-solving abilities and ability to analyze quantitative and qualitative data.
- Ability to extract essential elements and propose appropriate solutions.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing, database and email software (preferably Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, Internet).
- Ability to consistently exercise independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Solid interpersonal and written/oral communication skills with the ability to relate well and cooperate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals.
- Solid ability to provide excellent customer service and establish and maintain credibility and interpersonal relationships with diverse group of individuals (e.g., business leaders, colleagues, staff at all levels).
- Solid ability to collaborate effectively with others.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. Our policy is not to unlawfully discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, military status or any other consideration made unlawful by applicable federal, state, or local laws. We also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories. It is also our policy to comply with all applicable state, federal and local laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.
Title: Intern, Software Development
Location: NY-Clifton Park
Requisition ID: 22414