NextEra Energy Transmission Senior Engineer in Clifton Park, Florida
Transmission Senior Engineer
Date:Jan 4, 2021
Primary Location:Clifton Park, FL, US, 12065
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 47844
NextEra Energy Transmission, LLC (NEET) is the leading competitive transmission company in North America. We develop, finance, construct, operate, and maintain transmission assets across the continent.
Position Specific Description In this role, you will support system operations and compliance for the Empire Control Center in Clifton Park, NY. Your role will center around monitoring and operating the transmission system to maintain reliability and meet demand requirements which includes forecasting demands and completing power flow studies.
- Responsible for all compliance-related activities associated with Empire Transmission including, but not limited to, NERC Standard Requirements, NYISO Protocols, NYISO Guidelines, and other compliance-related tasks as assigned.
- Support related tasks associated with other regions within North America in conjunction with NextEra Energy Transmission as assigned.
Work directly with the NYISO and serve as a backup operator when needed. Preferred Qualifications:
NERC Certified System Operator
- Electrical Engineering background preferred
- Prior transmission control center experience Job Overview
Employees in this role apply diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to broad variety of assignments and related fields. This job is responsible for evaluating, selecting, and applying standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform tasks. This position conducts analysis on system performance and reliability strategy and provides recommendations. Job Duties & Responsibilities
• Provides engineering, design and environmental support • Tracks and reports on project negotiations and performance • Delivers company standards, policies, training, and support of organization • Prepares communications, presentations and provides support at meetings • Formulates researches, and develops improvement measures • Works with other departments within the organization to establish customer requirements and project costs • Ability to meet attendance and storm duty requirements • Ability to work extended hours • Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
• Valid Driver's License (NON CDL) • Bachelor's - Engineering • Experience:5+ years Preferred Qualifications
• Certified Professional Engineer (PE) • Six Sigma Black Belt Certified • Six Sigma Green Belt Certified • Master's Degree • Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certified • Six Sigma Master Black Belt
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Engineering Organization: NextEra Transmission, LLC Location: Clifton Park, New York Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs