Associated Electric Cooperative, Inc. Manager, Plant Engineering in Clifton Hill, Missouri
Working at AECI is more than a job, it is a career filled with challenges, rewarding work experiences, state-of-the-art tools and exceptional benefits. We are a premier employer comprised of the best and the brightest in the industry. We are searching for talented, enthusiastic people to contribute to our team as we work to provide safe, reliable and affordable energy for our member-owners. At AECI, one of the largest electric cooperatives in the nation, your opportunities to gain valuable experience and contribute new ideas in an ever-changing industry with a growing company are endless.
Manager, Plant Engineering
Apply For This Job
Thomas Hill Energy CenterAddress:
Clifton Hill, MOJob Type:
AECI is seeking applicants for a Manager, Plant Engineering within the Engineering Department of our Power Production Division located at the Thomas Hill Energy Center in Clifton Hill, MO.The Manager of Plant Engineering maintains the assets of the plant to support the achievement of the company’s business goals. This position reports to the Vice President, Engineering and Construction and works closely with internal customers to properly assess and address their needs and manages the large and complex capital projects, including planning budgeting, installation and commissioning activities. This role provides direction and support to staff engineers and the plant document control specialist who maintains the plant’s technical library.
· Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil Engineering or advanced engineering degree
· Preferably at least ten years of engineering experience
· Familiarity with American Society of Mechanical Engineer (ASME) code, B 31.1 code and OSHA regulations
· Possess a high degree of technical skills and demonstrate a solid understanding of power plant operations, project management, and capital budgeting
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly convey information effectively
· Effective technical leader able to mentor and develop assigned staff engineers
· Team player with strong customer service skills to support internal customers
· Effective technical risk manager and safety leader
AECI provides a competitive total compensation package including paid health care and dental premiums starting on day one with vision plans available. Basic life, short-term disability and long-term disability are paid for by AECI as well as a 401k with an employer match. Invest in yourself with our tuition reimbursement and enjoy time away with Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays. Wellness incentives and employee assistance programs are also available. Come join a team where your talents are appreciated, your voice is heard, and your work has an impact!To apply for a position, please visit www.aeci.org/careers and complete your profile. You will be able to upload additional applicant documents (i.e. resume, cover letter) and apply for a position. AECI is fully committed to the concept and practice of equal opportunity and affirmative action in all aspects of employment. Please reference the contact information above if you require assistance in filling out an application. Individuals with disabilities should request reasonable accommodations in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act prior to an appointment.