Duke Energy Project Manager II - Natural Gas (Cincinnati, OH) in Cincinnati, Ohio
More than a career - a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
This is the career level of the Project Management classification hierarchy. Employees at this level manage work in project management with minimal supervision. Incumbents are expected to develop advanced skills and to have the ability to work independently, with guidance limited to unusual or complex projects or issues. They are fully competent in use of concepts and procedures. They identify problems, develop solutions and take actions to resolve. Progression to this level is restricted on the basis of business / project need.
This position typically is assigned to multiple Natural Gas Major Projects (NGMP) “Green I” or “Green II” per the Project Management Center of Excellence Project Profile Matrix.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Create / Staff / Lead Project Team. Provide leadership, oversight management, delegation, and coordination to the various internal and external organizations that are providing services to the project (development, engineering, project controls, estimating, construction management, supply chain, legal, EHS, QA/QC, operations, communications, regulatory, security, fuels, transmission, etc.). The PM manages all matrixed members of the team on a daily basis and is responsible for interfacing with functional managers of team members, regarding placement, development and conflict resolution.
· Establish and maintain communications among all project/programs stakeholders. Structure, lead, and/or assist in leading all project related meetings and reports required to ensure open communication between all team members, key stakeholders, and management (monthly project reviews, kickoff meetings, weekly reports, monthly reports, etc.) and to properly report project status. Assure that Project Plan, all appropriate reports and reporting means are developed and managed according to PMCoE Standards. Present reports to appropriate management / governance team skillfully.
· Plan the project (s) assigned to, including scope, schedule, cost, safety, and quality aspect of the project. Drive the process of project planning including scope definition, estimating, schedule formation and monitoring, cost control measures, procurement/contracting strategies, equipment selection, vendor selection, start-up and commissioning plans, and integration processes. This includes project planning and execution activities like scope definition, detailed design, construction, start-up and commissioning, turnover to operations, and warranty management.
· Execute projects according to Plan within designed scope, cost and schedule limits. Includes objectives, stakeholders, scope, roles and responsibilities, assumptions and constraints, deliverables, WBS, schedule, external communication, regulatory strategy, procurement strategy, contractor and supplier strategy, resource plan, budget, lessons learned, risk plan, quality plan, safety plan, environmental plan, security plan, integration plan, data management plan, communications and reporting plan, change management, and project close out.
· Conducts work in an office or field environment
· Travel will be 10% or less
· Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of related experience; or 9+ years of related experience in lieu of a degree.
· Proficient in project management principles.
· Masters – business (MBA), project management, or equivalent
· Utility Technical Certifications/Training
· PMP or CAPM Certification
· CMII/Construction Certifications
· Professional Engineer License
· Experience in utility industry
· Knowledge in construction management
· Proficiency to Expertise in project related Scheduling, Cost Controls
Relocation Assistance Provided (as applicable)Yes
Visa Sponsored PositionNo
Posting Expiration Date
Wednesday, December 11, 2019
All job postings expire at 12:01 AM on the posting expiration date.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position, you must possess all of the basic/required qualifications.
We are one of the largest electric power holding companies in the United States, supplying and delivering electricity to approximately 7.4 million U.S. customers. We have approximately 52,700 megawatts of electric generating capacity in the Carolinas, the Midwest and Florida – and natural gas distribution services serving more than 1.5 million customers in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee and the Carolinas. Our commercial and international businesses own and operate diverse power generation assets in North America and Latin America, including a portfolio of renewable energy assets.
Regardless of your skill set or specific interest, we're looking for the best and brightest talent in the industry. Our people make us great - and we're always looking for more. Find your career path today at Duke Energy, where it's more than a career - it's a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Duke Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the laws set forth in the Department of Labor EEO Poster and Supplement.