Exelon Sr Manager IT - Portfolio and Project Management in CHICAGO, Illinois
At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Engage, along with IT leaders, with Exelon Business Units in the development of technology solutions and support of IT services and products. Partner with business clients and IT leadership in the development of a strategic technology plan and investment strategy that meets the needs of the business while leveraging standard enterprise architectures. Participate on committees that guide product strategies. Lead a team of information technology professionals responsible for providing a single point of contact with the business, understanding business processes, technology needs and requirements and translating business requirements into appropriate technology solutions. Work with business clients to justify and prioritize small to medium sized projects (those under 2 million dollars).
Lead the maintenance and enhancements of applications and systems that support this business segment. Lead the execution of small to large sized IT projects maintaining top quartile on time on budget delivery. Participate in the overall leadership of Information Technology organization.
Create and maintain strategic relationship with key IT vendors and manage IT vendor contracts that support this specific business segment.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Service Portfolio Management and Projects Office (SPMPO) in Exelon IT is critical to enabling effective and efficient management of projects, programs and portfolio across IT with focus on strategic alignment, risk management and end-to-end lifecycle delivery. The SPMPO Senior Manager will be responsible for management of the centralized planning function to ensure comprehensive support and oversight of IT financial operations, long range planning resource management and optimization of baseline and project investments, while effectively engaging key stakeholders to achieve overall commitments, including but not limited to the following:
• Manage a team of 8 direct reports and 24 support analysts including coaching, development and succession planning with focus on high performing teams and delivery.
• Establish and manage an efficient & effective planner support model with focus on a functional shared service model, data analytics, and process automation to drive greater effectiveness, efficiencies and cost savings.
• Partner closely with Finance, Budget Owners, and Fin Ops to meet corporate reporting requirements for baseline and project portfolio costs and benefits, including budgets, forecasts, and actuals from the business case through the tails.
• Lead continuous improvement efforts to drive consistent processes, tools, methodologies, training and support for IT Budget Owners, IT VPs, Project Managers, Service Portfolio Managers, Key Managers, etc.
• Develop and implement process for labor and forecasting management for automation within Appitto.
• Establish risk and opportunities process to identify cost savings challenges and support budget owner financial target achievements.
• Proactive monitoring, management and adjustment of portfolio investments to maintain enterprise wide visibility into portfolio financials and overall health, support planning and execution of work, and helping with investment decisions based on strategic alignment of both Baseline and Project work in the portfolios.
Bachelors degree in a portfolio management, project management or relevant discipline.
Typically 10 or more years of experience in leading and managing multiple solutions teams at the manager level or higher.
Experience and deep knowledge of the business processes. Previous hands on experience with business applications and/or the product portfolio.
Demonstrated strategy planning and customer engagement skills and experience leading teams and people through change.
Excellent consultative skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation. Advanced interpersonal skills, communications skills, and presentation skills.
Demonstrated ability to present and discuss complex technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding and approval
Graduate degree in Information Systems or related discipline or MBA
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Job Information Technology - Staff
Organization: BSC Information Technology
Title: Sr Manager IT - Portfolio and Project Management
Other Locations: US-MD-BALTIMORE
Requisition ID: 213741