WEC Energy Group Project Worker in Chicago, Illinois
6552BRJob Title:Project WorkerRequisition Number:6552BRTitle:Project WorkerLocation(s):IL - ChicagoCompany(s):Peoples Gas Summary:Do you enjoy working outdoors? Do you have a passion for providing exceptional customer service?
Peoples Gas, a subsidiary of WEC Energy Group, is looking for passionate customer focused individuals to represent the company as Seasonal Project Workers in the city of Chicago.
Seasonal Project Workers may be assigned to any of our shop locations throughout the city of Chicago. On a seasonal basis, (February – December) Project Workers are responsible for performing compliance and operations duties including Inside Safety Inspections, shut-offs, service crew work, and meter reading tasks. Position pays $20.92 an hour.
This is a seasonal opportunity subject to seasonal layoff.
The Business Unit operation hours are:
• Monday – Saturday 7:00am – 12:00 Midnight
• 1+ years - Experience in manual labor using hand tools, power tools, air tools, or small heavy equipment
• 1+ years - Experience performing manual labor which requires several steps or detailed procedures
• 1+ years - Experience working with the public, preferable in a customer facing position
• 1+ years - Experience working with computer functionality, such as operating a keyboard, mouse, navigating screens and data entry
• 1+ years - Experience in a position with some level of independence
• Valid Drivers License
• High School Diploma, HSED, or GED - Experience using hand held computer device, data entry
• Experience operating company vehicles, driving city routes
Interested candidates must apply online no later than the job posting expiration date.
We reserve the right to modify the application deadline or discontinue accepting applications for any position if deemed necessary.
Learn more at Careers (http://www.wecenergygroup.com/careers)
WEC Energy Group and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
EEO/AA policies and statements (http://www.wecenergygroup.com/careers/equal-employment-opportunity.htm)