Eversource Energy Supervisor, Substation Operations (Shift) in Cheshire, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Provides leadership for the construction, maintenance, and repair of substation equipment. Analyzes historical inspection, maintenance, test and operational data to establish appropriate maintenance requirements for equipment. Actively promotes and enforces a safety-first work environment and positive safety culture. Engages and motivates employees to deliver the best possible customer experience.
This position requires Shift Work.
- Supervises crews in construction and maintenance activities for T&D substations.
- Coordinates maintenance and construction of assigned assets by making arrangements for staffing, materials and equipment with other sections such as Maintenance, FieldCommunications/Engineering,Control Centers and contractors according to prescribed schedules and methods
- Responsible for the reliability and condition of substation assets
- Analysis of maintenance data and its accurate input directly into company database
- Sets clear expectations and provides ongoing feedback to employees regarding their performance. Effectively addresses performance issues. Conducts comprehensive performance reviews (per applicable bargaining unit contract).
- Responsible for the proper application of local union contracts and agreements. Works with managers and employees to resolve grievances and concerns in a timely and complete manner.
- Directs safety awareness and compliance initiatives within the group, and monitors safety performance. Champions efforts to achieve world-class excellence regarding safe work practices and procedures, and safety performance.
- Demonstrates and role models a customer-first attitude. Seeks to quickly resolve customer issues by collaborating with employees and other departments.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable work practices and procedures and safety requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of power system maintenance and operation.
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent related experience is required.
Supervisor: Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience is required
Experience in the operation and maintenance of substation facilities is preferred
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must hold a valid motor vehicle operator’s license; valid CDL preferred
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Vaccination Information: Eversourcerequires an individual who is newly hired into this position to befullyvaccinated for COVID-19by their first day ofemployment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns withEversource’sHR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment.Eversourcedoes not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable lawsregardingreasonable accommodationand concerning the privacy of your confidential medical information.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs