Eversource Energy Supervisor, Field Meter in Cheshire, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
The Supervisor, Field Meter position plans, schedules, coordinates and supervises the daily activities to complete customer requested meter orders and field collections including the termination of service for non-payment and other field disconnection activities such as Meter Alive accounts. The Supervisor, Field Meter performs direct supervision of assigned bargaining unit employees. Performs on-call duties as required.
- Works closely with the Company’s Credit department and the operations groups on the effective scheduling of field collection activities including shut-off for non-payment orders (SONP), warrants field investigations and other field meter activities.
- Ensures achievement of annual goals and prudent control of field meter budget.
- Ensures that Company standards, policies and procedures, and State Regulations are followed.
- Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures with respect to field meter work.
- Ensures the accuracy, integrity and security of all customer information, customer records, and company equipment.
- Maintains and tracks employee and department performance via reports specific to field meter activities and collections.
- Responds to and resolves complex and difficult collection issues and problems; may require face to face contact with customers.
- Supports the Revenue Assurance group and coordinates field resources and activities as needed.
- Oversees accident reports and investigations to ensure they are done timely, accurately and with appropriate follow up measures.
- Administers and oversees Field Meter progression testing, annual appraisals and individual coaching/training.
- Interviews applicants and recommending hiring or transfer; recommending promotions, demotions and discipline.
- Supervises and schedules the maintenance of Company fleet vehicles.
- Examines and approves daily time and vehicle sheets; checks for correct completion of assigned work and ensures proper accounting procedures are used.
- Performs and documents field inspections to monitor safety and work performance of field meter employees.
- Keeps management informed and updated on all important aspects of day to day activities as required.
- Will have storm restoration and emergency assignments.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: Thorough knowledge of systems utilized for customer billing, credit, field work orders and other daily work tasks; working knowledge of union contracts and labor relations policies and procedures; excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to work effectively with sensitive customer or employee situations. Prior supervisory experience is preferred. A valid driver’s license is required. Must be able and willing to travel to employees based in area work centers around the state, as well as occasionally to meetings in other states served by the company. Must be able to conduct field safety observations.
Education: An Associate’s degree in business, liberal arts, engineering or equivalent experience required.
Experience: A minimum of (6) six to (8) eight years of experience in a customer service or meter related field.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor