Eversource Energy Scheduler-Planning & Scheduling in Cheshire, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.7 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Role and Scope of Position:
Responsible for planning, organizing and managing the Electric/Gas/Transmission field workload through accurate forecasting, staffing calculations, scheduling and management reports. Creates, maintains and upgrades short and long-term staffing models and trending forecasts to improve the efficiency of the Electric/Gas/Transmission Operations area. Prepares work schedules for district operations through analysis of projected workload, resource requirements and prescribed time frames. Ensures that work plans and schedules facilitate timely and cost-effective completion of all capital workload including new business, compliance and mandated work, system reliability, and maintenance and construction.
- Generates district work plans and schedules that ensure resources are available to meet workload demands. Provides contingency plans to rebalance workload.
- Monitors current and future workload to ensure district plans and schedules maximize productivity, controls costs and meets or exceeds service level agreements (SLA’s).
- Creates and maintains accurate short and long-term forecasting and staffing models that ensure the effective utilization of distribution resources.
- Evaluates current procedures and recommends changes to improve the efficiency of planning and scheduling of projects.
- Works with Compliance Coordinators to distribute district compliance and mandated program work.
- Ensures that all projects are executed and closed out in a timely, accurate and cost-effective manner and according to Company policy.
- Develops time and cost schedules for district management through analysis of survey statistics and productivity information.
Prepares weekly and monthly workload status reports for management.
Responsible for planning and scheduling daily work assignments for Electric/Gas/Transmission departments, as designated
- Ensures that work-plans and schedules facilitate timely and cost-effective completion of all capital workload including new business, compliance and mandated work, system reliability, and maintenance and construction.
- Works collaboratively across the organization to achieve company’s strategies and goals;
- Ensures that area resources are available to meet work demands; responsible for scheduling all work in the order of priority that will ensure compliance deadlines and customer needs are fully met.
Responsible for scheduling daily work assignments in a manner that optimizes crew productivity and minimizes overtime expenditures.
Organizes and facilitates weekly planning meetings with Operating department personnel; weekly communication of the work plan to Operating department personnel; daily monitoring of actual work completed compared to the work plan.
- Prepares the weekly/annual construction schedule utilizing scheduling software such as Primavera.
- Assists with district liaison activities with local and municipal officials.
- Resolves customer issues and concerns as required.
- Must possess excellent multi-tasking skills, be detail oriented, meet expectations of multiple organizations and possess the ability to understand goal-driven deliverables.
- Requires the ability to either take or recommend the necessary actions to ensure that goals and targets are achieved.
- Use appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide individuals (peers and superiors) toward goal achievement; modify behavior to accommodate tasks, situations, and individuals involved.
- Working knowledge of distribution maintenance, distribution construction, testing, distribution/transmission/gas operations, and work management principles is required.
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements and Eversource safety rules is also highly desirable.
- Requires a working knowledge of work management systems and scheduling techniques. Experience with Primavera, MS Project, MS Access, and Safran is highly desirable.
- Project and schedule management skills, including knowledge of scheduling tool, Primavera 8 or better or later.
- Knowledge of Construction Principles and Practices, Operations, Maintenance, Safety Standards and Business Processes.
- Requires working knowledge of labor contracts.
- Ability to use laptop/desktop applications (e.g. Outlook and Excel).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs