Avangrid Line Mechanic 1/C, 2/C Acceptable-Chatham, NY in Chatham, New York
Line Mechanic 1/C, 2/C Acceptable-Chatham, NY
Company: NY STATE ELECTRIC & GAS C
Chatham, NY, US
Iberdrola is a global energy leader, the number one producer of wind power, and one of the world's biggest electricity utilities in terms of market capitalisation. The group supplies energy to almost 100 million people in dozens of countries including Spain, the United Kingdom (ScottishPower), the United States (AVANGRID), Brazil (Neoenergia), Mexico, Germany, Portugal, Italy and France, with a workforce of more than 35,000 people.
Iberdrola is leading the transition towards a sustainable energy model through its investments in renewable energy, smart grids, large-scale energy storage and digital transformation, to offer its customers the most advanced products and services. Thanks to its commitment to clean energy, Iberdrola is one of the companies with the lowest emissions and an international benchmark for its contribution to sustainability and the fight against climate change.
POSITION - Union - Line Mechanic 1/C, 2/C Acceptable (Chatham, NY)
NUMBER OF POSITIONS - 1
LOCATION - NYSEG-NY-CHATHAM
- Under directive supervision does the most complicated construction and maintenance work on energized
conductors, structures and equipment.
- Must be able to make all types of polyphase transformer installations; do phasing and phase rotation on
polyphase circuits; do distribution and transmission switching and sectionalizing when required; trace and
clear grounds and opens on series circuits.
- May be required to install instrument transformers; install, remove, connect or disconnect electric and/or
gas meters and services.
Performs other related and less skilled work as directed, including operation of transportation equipment.
Directs work of other Linemen or Groundmen assisting him. (See Memorandum governing bonus pay for
Chief Line and Lineman 1/C assigned additional supervisory responsibility dated 9/29/68.)
Skills and Requirements
- Should have had at least three years' experience as Second-Class Lineman or its equivalent, as
evidenced by an appropriate test.
- Able to perform routine operations of moderate complexity and variety based on detailed instructions.
Equivalent to about two years of high school.
Good working knowledge of Company's line practices and standards.
Good working knowledge of the layout and characteristics of the distribution and transmission lines in the
area to which he is assigned.
- Must have working knowledge of electrical fundamentals as related to transmission and distribution
construction and maintenance.
- Must be familiar with Company's Safety Rules, approved methods of resuscitation on or off the ground,
and able to render practical First Aid.
- Must be able to qualify for automobile operator's license.
- Normal health, physique and use of senses as indicated by passing the required physical examination
given by a Company physician, including color perception.
- Strength and endurance adequate for arduous labor in all kinds of outdoor weather conditions.
Must be willing to work irregular and/or extra hours as required.
Must be willing to work under unusual or special working conditions and surroundings, as well as the
normal working conditions pertaining to this job.
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or firstname.lastname@example.org