Duke Energy Grid Enablement Strategy Initiative Management Manager in Charlotte, North Carolina
More than a career - a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Build an exciting, rewarding career with us – help us make a difference for millions of people every day. Consider joining the Duke Energy team, where you'll find a friendly work environment, opportunities for growth and development, recognition for your work, and competitive pay and benefits.
This position provides leadership to a team that is responsible for the development of capability roadmaps and system strategy for Grid Management and Planning. The incumbent’s team will work with both external and internal stakeholders to identify and prioritize what technologies should be evaluated for incorporation into the Grid Improvement Plan (GIP) roadmaps and 5-year budget plans. Areas of focus are system enhancements and capabilities to enable the Grid to effectively manage bidirectional power flow, enable and enhance grid management advanced functions, enable and enhance monitoring and control of distributed resources, and enable advanced distribution planning and hosting capacity.
Major responsibilities and specific job duties
· Leads the strategy of technology evaluation working with key stakeholders including Customer Delivery, Transmission Services, IT, Telecom, Emerging Technology, DET and Grid Solutions peers to determine current and future GIP technologies that need to be evaluated and the prioritization of evaluation efforts.
· This team is responsible for assuring the Capability Roadmaps are up-to-date and included in the GIP Business Strategy.
· Leads the evaluation of new technologies and market trends through discussions and evaluation of materials from utilities, National Labs, DOE, and other industry sources. Represents Duke Energy as SME at industry events as needed.
· Coordinates GS evaluation of DOE and other research requests to ensure alignment with GIP Business Strategy.
Basic/ Required Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Technical or Business-related field from an accredited college or university with 7 years or more work experience in system operations or related field Or 10 years or more work experience in system operations or related field in lieu of degree
· Understanding of T&D and Customer operations and systems
· Understanding of IT and Telecom
· Demonstrated strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
· Demonstrated strong leadership skills
· Demonstrated influencing and negotiation skills
· Demonstrated communications skills- verbal, written and presentation skills
· Previous strategy development experience
Relocation Assistance Provided (as applicable)No
Visa Sponsored PositionNo
Posting Expiration Date
Saturday, December 15, 2018
All job postings expire at 12:01 AM on the posting expiration date.
Please note that in order to be considered for this position, you must possess all of the basic/required qualifications.
We are one of the largest electric power holding companies in the United States, supplying and delivering electricity to approximately 7.4 million U.S. customers. We have approximately 52,700 megawatts of electric generating capacity in the Carolinas, the Midwest and Florida – and natural gas distribution services serving more than 1.5 million customers in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee and the Carolinas. Our commercial and international businesses own and operate diverse power generation assets in North America and Latin America, including a portfolio of renewable energy assets.
Regardless of your skill set or specific interest, we're looking for the best and brightest talent in the industry. Our people make us great - and we're always looking for more. Find your career path today at Duke Energy, where it's more than a career - it's a chance to make a difference in people's lives.
Duke Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with the laws set forth in the Department of Labor EEO Poster and Supplement.