MDU Resources Group QA/QC Lead in Chandler, Arizona
Department:ISG PCM SW Production
Hiring Manager:Jeffrey G Cox
Closing Date:11/30/2021at 11:59pm CDT
GENERAL SUMMARY/PRIMARY FUNCTION
Responsible for understanding, upholding and promoting CSG’s Critical Success Factors, 1) Safety First! 2) Financial Success (including operational excellence); 3) Employee Satisfaction (including development and training), and 4) Customer Satisfaction. Promote ISG PCM/OEG’s Core Values, safety culture and Continuous Process Improvement (CPI). Primary duties include: Supervise, lead, and teach the QA/QC team. Perform at a high level with team members to promote ISG’s added values and products, including mechanical, electrical and controls.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Ensure that health and safety guidelines are followed
• Work and communicate with foreman/scheduling/production manager/production coordinator, and project managers.
• Receive direction and collaborate with Production Manager and Project Managers.
• Provide forward thinking to insure ISG QA/QC means, methods and workforce leadership continues to grow and improve. Continues Process Improvement.
• Ability to lead multiple projects start to finish with minimal supervision from QA/QC Foreman, Production manager, Production Coordinator
• Plan, supervise and perform all phases of panel QA/QC
• Provide schedule analyzation to ensure proper work flow through the testing department
• Hold QA/QC personnel accountable for work vs free time
• Troubleshoot prints, catch errors and make appropriate corrections working with the Project Managers
• Provide training to QA/QC members
• Inspect and test Electrical and Control panels used to control machinery, equipment, and systems for conformance with specifications, following blueprints and wiring schematics, and using electrical testing equipment and instruments:
o Compare wiring and location of control devices on panel with blueprints and wiring diagrams to verify assemble
o Examine wiring for loose or faulty connections
o Connect leads from panel onto power source leads to prepare for testing activities
o Test wiring circuits and controls to isolate causes of malfunctions, using electrical instruments, such as voltmeter, ammeter, and ohmmeter
o Records causes of malfunctions on test sheet and route defective panels for rework
o Ability to replace defective control devices on panel, using hand tools, and solder loose or faulty wiring
o Calculate wire sizing for panels
• Work & communicate with Foreman and PM on any missing or defective parts.
• Final Sign Off on panels (SOR)
• Team oriented environment
• Perform additional duties as assigned
KEY SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Working knowledge of UL 508A, UL 698A, and UL 67 code
• Electrical wiring diagrams and schematic comprehension
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and complete projects on schedule
• Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others
• Experience working with Microsoft office
• Ability to lead a crew of 3 to 15 QA/QC staff
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Must have previous controls testing experience, 1-2 years
• Control panel building experience 2-3 years preferable
• UL508A experience
Pre-employment drug screen and background check required.
Equal opportunity employer/AAP. Females/Minorities/Disabled/Veterans.
This Employer Participates inE-Verify (PDF) (Downloads/EVerifyPoster.pdf) . Download PDF Application (PDF) (Downloads/CSG-71.pdf)
MDU Resources Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.