MDU Resources Group Ready Mix Drivers (Stockton Location) in Central Valley, California
Ready Mix Drivers (Stockton Location)
Company:Knife River - Northern California Ready Mix Div.
Location:Central Valley, CA
Hiring Manager:David C Smith
Closing Date:12/31/2021at 11:59pm CDT
We are looking for several Ready-Mix truck drivers to join our team. Knife River Northern California Ready-Mix division serves the Central Valley marketplace with ready-mix through delivery in our Ready-Mix Trucks. The responsibility of this position is to assure the safe and timely delivery of ready-mix product to the customer. The Ready-Mix truck driver positions may be dispatched from our Stockton CA location to deliver ready mix concrete to customers throughout the 6 ready mix plants placed throughout the Northern California area. Training available for drivers that do not have ready-mix truck driving experience.
Duties/Responsibilities of the position include:
• Perform daily pre-trip and post-trip safety inspection of ready-mix truck in
accordance with DOT and CA BIT regulations, including checking fluids such as oil
and antifreeze, check lights and report any maintenance issues to the mechanic
before getting dispatched.
• Drives truck under loading hopper to receive sand, gravel, cement and water and
starts mixer adjusting ready mix to proper slump, rinsing down loading area and
cleaning off material spilled on outside of drum.
• Drives truck equipped with auxiliary concrete mixer to deliver concrete mix to job
• Drives truck to location for unloading, attaches chutes then unloads concrete.
• Cleans truck after delivery to prevent concrete from hardening in mixer and on
truck, using water hose or (where applicable) hazardous materials including
hydrochloric or muritic acid.
• Ensure proper use of truck tracking software.
• Work with central dispatch or plant person for daily schedule.
• Ensure OSHA, DOT, EPA, MSHA, Federal, State, and Local safety and environmental
regulation compliance including attending safety and required training.
• Regular attendance required.
Requirements for the position include a California Commercial Driver's License
Class A or Class B license with tanker endorsements.
• Must maintain medical card and acceptable driving record and where applicable
proper endorsement, general education, grammar and arithmetic, GED or high
school diploma or equivalent interpersonal communication skills.
• Must be self-motivated, team-player with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous and respectful
• Ready-mix truck driving experience.
• TWIC Card.
• Requires walking, bending, squatting, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing
to a significant degree.
• Requires climbing in and out of ready-mix truck multiple times a day.
• Heavy Work-Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50
pounds or force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move
• Requires the use of hands for grasping and fine manipulations.
• Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing.
• Head movement/rotation moving head in any direction (up, down, side to side).
• Wear company issued Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) in accordance with
• Exposure to dust, fumes and gases.
• Exposure to outside working conditions; extreme cold and hot temperatures.
• Must work as needed, given the unpredictability of how long jobs or trips will take,
including overtime, nights, and weekends.
Paid Holidays * Paid Vacation * Medical with GENEROUS Employer Contributions*
Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors.
How To Apply
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:
PO Box 6099
Stockton, CA 95206
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
This Employer Participates inE-Verify (PDF) (Downloads/EVerifyPoster.pdf) . Download PDF Application (PDF) (Downloads/KRC-72.pdf)
MDU Resources Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.