Electric Cooperatives of Arkansas McClellan Power Plant Engineering Intern in Camden, Arkansas
Engineering – Intern (Power Plants)
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation (AECC)is an organization with a rich history and a bright future.As a leader in the energy industry we look to our employees to help us grow, change, and provide power to over 500,000 members of our 17 electric distribution cooperatives.
AnEngineering Internat one of our power production facilities will work with plant management as well as corporate engineering teams to meet technical challenges.We’re looking for someone who can maintain a high degree of situational awareness to meet continually changing conditions with a fresh and adaptable approach. In this position, you will be given the opportunity to work alongside peers who are versatile, enthusiastic, and strive to pushforward AECC’smission.
· Assist with development of designs for various projects related to power production at various types of power plants that use gas turbines, steam turbines, hydroelectric turbines, or combinations
· Analyze plant data for optimization of equipment and systems
· Assist with performance testing of generating systems
· Use AutoCAD software to document new or modified system designs
· Use software tools for generating or optimizing reports
· Organize plant drawings and documents to conform to division records management standards
· Assist with equipment specifications and procurement related to design projects
· Perform field work at various AECC facilities
· Assist engineering staff in the performance of their duties
High school diploma or equivalent
Pursuing a degree in Engineering or related field. Knowledge of electrical, mechanical and thermal systems is preferred.
Valid state driver’s license
Technologically adept and advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
· Exceptional analytical, mathematical, organizational, and problem solving skills.
· Extremely detailed and accuracy oriented.
· Self-starter and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Able to work well in somewhat challenging weather conditions to support plant testing activities
Ready to begin your career with or AECC? Apply online at www.aecc.com!
Should you elect to apply for this position, AECC/AECI will review your qualifications. If after reviewing the qualifications and experience of all applicants, your skills and credentials meet our needs, someone from our organization may contact you. Please be advised that the time required to complete the applicant review process typically takes between 30 and 90 days, but could extend beyond that. Once the position has been filled, all applicants will be notified via email.
Arkansas Electric Cooperative Corporation and Arkansas Electric Cooperatives, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other protected category.
Job ID 2018-1420
# of Openings 1
Department McClellan Power Plant