Wolf Creek Nuclear Operating Corporation Systems Support Analyst in Burlington, Kansas
JOB TITLE: Systems Support Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Support Services – Any Evergy Location
LOCATION: Topeka, KS
Kansas City, MO
Systems Support Analyst I: $46,400 - $58,000
Systems Support Analyst II: $56,800 - $71,000
Sr Systems Support Analyst: $72,000 - $96,000
Lead Systems Support Analyst: $84,800 - $113,000
Scheduled Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Additional hours as required.
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The qualified candidate will perform all aspects of updating and maintaining the Company’s Distribution Enterprise Asset Management Systems (EAM). They will serve as primary business system support for our users and will perform change management and training activities for all technology systems used by Distribution Operations. Supported systems include OMS, GIS, Maximo, Graphic Work Design, and all associated mobile applications.
The successful candidate will provide business support and guidance for system interfaces. Primarily, the candidate will provide consistency, clarity, and enhancements to processes utilized within the business surrounding Distribution Services and the interactions with edge systems like CCB and MDM. They will support project teams (as needed) to develop end user training manuals, plan & execute formal classroom training, training strategies, and ongoing verbal and written communication to the end users as system enhancements are applied to existing systems. They will possess a high degree of autonomy implementing new policies and completing work schedules. Day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Document business system processes for Distribution Operations
- Ensure change management strategies are executed and relevant training is provided to end users for system changes
- Assist in the development of business processes, design specifications, and testing activities for current and new business systems
- Assist with maintenance and support of systems with new and/or changing business requirements
- Troubleshoot system problems collaborating with IT and Quality Teams to coordinate resolution of problems
- Collaboration with Meter Service, Customer Care, and other Support Teams as work relates to Distribution Construction, Services, Appointments, etc.
- Ensures Distribution Operations activity is supporting overall company technology roadmap
- Have a willingness to support automation and analytics initiatives that drive business objectives
Education and Experience Requirements:
A bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or other related degree program is highly preferred. Direct experience may be substituted for the educational requirements, with such experience to be related to functional design and implementation of computer systems and software implementation. Has ability to resolve routine or standard problems through guidance and direction from others. Preferred candidate will have general knowledge of distribution, transmission, and substation operations, meter operations and customer service order practices. Demonstrated experience working as a team player, exhibiting strong communication skills, customer service, and a focus on process improvement is required.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of relevant technology and tools used to implement computer systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Constructive thinking to analyze, interpret or evaluate data or issues and process them in an accurate and high-quality manner
- Ability to express complex business concepts in technical terms and process documentation
- Strong leadership skills to effectively work within teams organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high stress environment and balance multiple tasks
- Highly motivated and possess the ability to organize work, direct and coordinate the work with others
- Ability to make decisions based on knowledge of scheduling and system functions
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
Licenses, Certifications, Bonding and/or Testing Required:
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Normal office conditions. Some overnight travel is required. Must have a satisfactory work record including excellent attendance.
Evergy has a clear mission – To empower a better future. Evergy chooses to live this mission by valuing People First. We know to accomplish becoming the most innovative and reliable energy company, we need a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. So, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to celebrating diversity and building a team where everyone – regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status – has a voice and can bring their best every day. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we will be. Evergy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Title: Systems Support Analyst
Requisition ID: SAF005D