Wolf Creek Nuclear Operating Corporation Mgr Grid Technology in Burlington, Kansas
JOB TITLE: Mgr Grid Technology
DEPARTMENT: Distribution Automation Technology – Topeka General Office or F&M Manchester Service Center
LOCATION: Topeka, KS
Kansas City, MO
PAY GRADE: $94,900 - $126,500
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Individual will be responsible for leading a team of engineering and technical personnel to develop and deploy new technologies across the company and territory. Candidate will blend emerging and current technologies while establishing adaptable and maintainable implementation strategies.
- Determine and drive long-term planning objectives and short-term goals around grid technology and team growth while collaborating and engaging with key stakeholder(s).
- Lead and support the development and implementation of application specific work processes and procedures including documentation of engineered systems and equipment.
- Responsible to comply with cybersecurity best practices in systems and designs while keeping potential NERC-CIP requirements in mind. In addition, individual must work to ensure compliance with additional NERC, FERC, and SOX requirements as they become applicable to the task.
- Individual will be required to establish schedules / milestones for major projects and to monitor and track progress through periodic reporting and metrics.
- Effectively manage the group’s budget on an annual basis and define future budget expenditures / expectancies.
- Facilitate an environment where personnel are engaged, challenged, and respected.
- This position will be a working Manager position and will require a candidate who is capable of effectively fulfilling various engineering tasks for the group; acting as team leader and as needed, providing supplemental engineering support for the group.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited program or related technology field and / or a minimum of 5 years of experience in industrial controls or associated markets.
Candidate must demonstrate an aptitude for computers and / or computer-based control systems and successfully served in past leadership positions and / or demonstrated leadership capabilities. Electric Utility or similar experience is preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
- Electric Power System theory and have experience in various operational aspects of an electric power distribution and substation system(s).
- Application of technology within an industrial environment including the understanding of sound security, networking, hardware, software, and developmental practices.
- Demonstrated capability with building cross-functional teams and successful initiative and project deployment through indirect and influential leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge in training and technical reading/writing skills for technology.
- Able to effectively lead multiple large- and small-scale projects.
- Individual will be required to set clear expectations and hold themselves and personnel accountable.
- Knowledge and experience in the successful management and safety of a technical work group.
- Skills in coaching, mentoring and job planning as fluctuations in grid technology applications occur, includes realigning the tools available to personnel.
- Requires the ability to learn new and current technology in a timely fashion.
- Working knowledge of databases, scripting / coding, webpage development and data query processes.
- Requires knowledge of business environments and understanding of common business applications.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to present information to all levels of management and work groups in a concise manner.
Licenses, Certifications, Bonding and/or Testing Required: Valid driver’s license required.
Working Conditions: Conditions will vary from office to field environments. Must be able to work additional hours on short notice. Some travel may be required. Must have a satisfactory work record including good attendance.
Evergy has a clear mission – To empower a better future. Evergy chooses to live this mission by valuing People First. We know to accomplish becoming the most innovative and reliable energy company, we need a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. So, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to celebrating diversity and building a team where everyone – regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status – has a voice and can bring their best every day. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we will be. Evergy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Title: Mgr Grid Technology
Requisition ID: SAF0059