Wolf Creek Nuclear Operating Corporation Gen Work Systems Specialist in Burlington, Kansas
JOB TITLE: Gen Work Systems Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Generation Support Services – Topeka General Office
LOCATION: Topeka, KS
Gen Work Systems Specialist I: $46,400 - $58,000
Gen Work Systems Specialist II: $56,800 - $71,000
Sr Gen Work Systems Specialist: $72,000 - $96,000
Lead Gen Work Systems Specialist: $84,800 - $113,000
Scheduled Work Hours: Monday - Friday 7:00am - 4:00pm. Job may require unscheduled work hours to support operations functions.
Summary of Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position will serve as a business system specialist to develop, implement, enhance and support the Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) platform for the Generation business unit (both nuclear and non-nuclear). The EAM applications include, but are not limited to:
- Maximo modules and applications including, but not limited to: o Start Centers o Corrective Action and Observation o Work and Asset Management o Inventory o Lock Out Tag Out o Duty Stations (Operator Rounds & Logs) o Maximo Mobile
- Electronic Work Packages (eWP); e-Maintain, e-Perform
- Electronic Procedure Management and Computer Based Procedures; eDocument
- Primavera P6 (scheduling solution)
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Be an active participate in the Generation EAM project; this includes but is not limited to input for system design and testing
- Provide change management and training for the Generation EAM project with the Change Management and Training team; this includes development and communication of training material, site visits, and other applicable methods of interaction to enable users to be most proficient and efficient within the EAM systems as well as delivering training on change management concepts
- Provide production support (day-to-day assistance) for business users as they interact in the EAM platforms
- Provide business support for systems interfacing with the EAM platform including, but not limited to: o PeopleSoft ERP o PowerPlan o GIS o Supply Chain applications (GateKeeper, Zycus)
- Proactively define and drive effective software and process improvements
- Plan, coordinate, and test enhancements as requested by users; this includes developing, publishing, and implementing test plans, writing and maintaining quality test tracking mechanisms, executing test plans, and developing software quality assurance standards and processes
- Be an active participant in the Agile framework; collaborate with IT to implement changes to the EAM technology
- Support report development, as needed, for end users or business units
Education and Experience:
A bachelor’s degree in business, computer science or other related degree program is highly preferred. The ideal candidate will have related experience in business systems analysis, ideally working with enterprise asset and operations management systems. It is highly preferred that the candidate possess experience that is industry related around asset performance & metrics, work management best practices and safety and operations. Preferred candidate will have general knowledge of and proven technical experience with databases and conveying software functionality requirements to others. Demonstrated experience working as a team player, exhibiting strong communication skills, customer service, and a focus on process improvement is required.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Constructive thinking to analyze, interpret and evaluate data/process; ability to effectively manage and resolve reporting and data integrity issues
- Ability to express complex business concepts in technical terms and process documentation
- Ability to build relationships with work groups supported through listening and collaboration
- Ability to identify, recommend and tactically convey to others optimal work practices and business processes
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and strong ability to identify and resolve conflict, provide alternatives, and deal with pressure and difficulty resulting from administrative or technical issues related to people, process and technology
- Strong leadership skills to effectively work within teams organizing, planning, and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high stress environment and balance multiple tasks
- Working knowledge of Office 365 required.
Licenses, Certifications, Bonding, and/or Testing Required:
Valid driver’s license required.
Normal office working conditions and occasional overnight travel. Must have a satisfactory work record including excellent attendance.
Evergy has a clear mission – To empower a better future. Evergy chooses to live this mission by valuing People First. We know to accomplish becoming the most innovative and reliable energy company, we need a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. So, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to celebrating diversity and building a team where everyone – regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status – has a voice and can bring their best every day. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we will be. Evergy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Job: *Power Plant/Generation
Title: Gen Work Systems Specialist
Requisition ID: SAF005N