Wolf Creek Nuclear Operating Corporation Energy Resource Analyst in Burlington, Kansas
JOB TITLE: Energy Resource Analyst REQUISITION: SAF003L DEPARTMENT: Energy Resource Management, Kansas City Headquarters LOCATION: Kansas City, MO PAY RANGE: Energy Resource Analyst I: $46,400 - $58,000 Energy Resource Analyst II: $56,800 -$71,000 Sr Energy Resource Analyst: $72,000 - $96,000 Lead Energy Resource Analyst: $84,800 - $113,000
Scheduled Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Job may require work outside normally scheduled hours.
Position Summary * Use production cost modeling software to develop short-term and long-term energy price forecasts which support wholesale sales and resource management decisions. * Evaluate and model market drivers that define Company risk exposure * Perform analyses to support long range resource plans and identify the timing and technology mix of the Company’s future generation resource requirements * Support internal customers (e.g., Regulatory Affairs, Executive Leadership, Finance & Accounting, Power Marketing, etc.) with analyses, recommendations, and presentations to inform decision making * Support the Company’s 5-year capacity, fuel and interchange budget * Provide expertise, analysis and reports to support regulatory filings, studies and responses to requests from regulatory agencies as well as Integrated Resource Planning efforts. * Sr. / Lead: Act as a mentor and leader within the broader Energy Resource Management team – training and developing other analysts and managing bodies of work independently
Duties and Responsibilities: * Responsibilities for various functions of the group are shared and members rotate through the various functions. Incumbents may be responsible for any of the following functions: * Providing the analysis and documentation to support long-term resource planning efforts: ensure that the Company maintains adequate generating resources for the purpose of meeting the Company’s electrical energy and capacity demand requirements in a reliable and economic manner, produce the fuel and interchange budget, evaluate forward sales of capacity and/or energy, perform special studies to identify company strategies around the energy portfolio. * Testing and benchmarking the accuracy of ERM forecasts, and the credibility of the group’s product. * Working collaboratively with Regulatory, Power Plants, Engineering Services, Fuels, Energy Solutions, and Generation Sales and Services and external contacts, including software vendors, and consultants. * Management of large amounts of data, proper documentation of findings, the accurate evaluation of that data, and the effective communication of recommendations to the department’s personnel and other areas of the Company to insure successful management of the generating portfolio.
Education and Experience: The preferred candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, engineering, business administration, economics, finance or other technical field. Advanced degree is preferred. 5 years of related experience in an energy marketing field or related industry and extensive experience with simulation models is preferred. The ideal candidate will be experienced using Plexos, Midas, Aurora, PROMOD or other energy modeling software. Experience in wholesale energy marketing, simulation modeling, resource planning, software development, energy system planning, operations or risk management is preferred.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
* Experience in analytical processes and an advanced ability to solve complex problems, utilizing a variety of analytical tools and models.
* Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytical skills, and be innovative with strong problem-solving skills.
* Understand and apply appropriate software tools and databases to complete analyses and reports. In addition to MIDAS and/or Plexos computer models, the incumbent may utilize, Microsoft Office (including Access), Visual Basic, SQL, and other software tools.
* Should possess a strong attention to detail which can be used to review complex model inputs and large datasets effectively – identifying any trends and problem-solving based on these reviews
* Identify and implement the detailed assumptions that drive the forecasting process: including potential legislative, regulatory and environmental rule changes; technology developments, and changes to regional demand or supply to ensure potential impacts of change are properly included in strategic evaluations and decision making.
* Evaluate and model market drivers that define Company risk exposure.
* Complete the preparation of presentation materials that effectively communicate study results: PowerPoint presentations, data graphics, white papers, and other reports should effectively represent a “finished product”.
* Work continually toward automating existing processes around performing simulation studies, reporting results and validating assumptions and model output: Utilize sophisticated tools, such as SQL, Visual Basic, and Access) to automate processes and improve accuracy and productivity.
* Ability to lead functional teams or projects.
Working Conditions: Office and/or home working environment. Must have excellent work record including good attendance. Occasional travel may be necessary.
Evergy has a clear mission – To empower a better future. Evergy chooses to live this mission by valuing People First. We know to accomplish becoming the most innovative and reliable energy company, we need a team with a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. So, our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities we serve. We are committed to celebrating diversity and building a team where everyone – regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status – has a voice and can bring their best every day. We know that the more diverse and inclusive we are, the better we will be. Evergy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Title: Energy Resource Analyst
Requisition ID: SAF003L