National Grid Sr Account Manager Customer Connections in Brooklyn, New York
National Grid is hiring a Project Manager for our Customer Gas Connections department in Brooklyn, NY.
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
The Project Manager role is responsible for handling customer requests for new gas connections in the residential, commercial and industrial conversion market. The core focus of the position is assisting with the connection to the newly installed gas service; to build, and maintain a strong relationship with the customer and enhance the experience in their interactions with National Grid. In addition to this role, the project manager acts as the first point of contact; the face of National Grid. The role requires the successful candidate to spend approximately 50% of their time in the field.
Position Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Responsible for overseeing the final connections and service installation for new gas connections in residential, commercial and industrial markets.
• Conduct field meetings with various key internal and external stakeholders to enhance the customers experience in their interactions with National Grid while meeting their need dates for gas.
• Proven ability to advocate for customer needs with internal departments when required including but not limited to Engineering, Customer Fulfillment, Resource Coordination and Construction, by directing issues to the proper channels for resolution and improving customer satisfaction.
• Must possess strong communication skills. Ability to Communicate clear expectations and deliverables with internal and external stakeholders to achieve customer satisfaction, gas growth and company line of sight goals.
• Continuously working with teams internally, as well as external resources to ensure consistent interpretation of tariffs, policies, NYC Codes standards and procedures.
• Accountable for assigned project managed jobs Approximately 100+ managed projects at a time, varying from single family homes, multi-family dwellings, Commercial spaces, and Industrial buildings.
• Trained and qualified with skills concerning metering and regulator details, operation of high and low pressure equipment, associated gas train installations and dual fuel specifications. Ability to navigate meter drawings, POE sketches, Facility maps etc
• Ensure that workplace safety requirements and company ethics policies are followed.
• Knowledge of company departments such as engineering, maintain, BPI, CMS is a plus.
• Proven Self-Starter with the ability to navigate within a small work team to deliver the project for the customer.
• Bachelor’s degree or Minimum of 3 years related experience.
• Valid Driver’s License
• Excellent Communication skills needed for Internal and External Stakeholders
• Possess strong leadership skills and the ability to make independent decisions
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Ability to effectively manage a high volume of projects throughout the project cycle
• Knowledge of business and computer applications and an understanding of business finance, engineering and technical concepts
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team.