National Grid Analyst, Reporting Center of Excellence (RCoE) in Brooklyn, New York
* National Grid is hiring an Analyst, Reporting Center of Excellence for our Controllership in Brooklyn, NY.*
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities, and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers, reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both ourselves and our business.
Analyst, Reporting Center of Excellence (RCoE) is responsible for developing Business Objects managerial reports and partnering with stakeholders to drive continuous improvements by increasing productivity, accuracy, efficiency, and effectiveness. Reports to the RCoE manager to deliver on the business reporting needs.
• Creates standard BI reports and other forms of technically enabled information to provide the business with financial perspective, insights, and monitoring.
• Creates dashboards and performance reports with metrics to allow users to be able to have a high-level and detailed view of performance.
• Partners with Process owners to ensure proper documentation of service delivery processes.
• Support the financial control framework, ensuring compliance with all related controls requirements such as Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls.
• Support month-end close reporting process by delivering input reports timely during the financial close workdays. Assist process owners to evaluate business performance through BI tools and capabilities. Support end-users with Ad hoc requests.
• Perform data mining and ensure BI tools meet end-users needs for accurate reporting across the organization.
• Perform and document testing of new and modified reports, system performance, and other related enhancements. Perform walkthroughs with end-users for knowledge sharing of new and updated information.
• Identify and implement process improvements that deliver values to the organization.
• Support the management of RCoE service level agreements (SLAs) and assessment of key performance metrics (KPIs).
• Support National Grid rate cases and annual audit processes by providing timely responses.
• Assist in monitoring and identifying risks, issues, and overseeing change impacts. Support the delivery of change across Finance, Shared Services, business operations by embracing new ways of working and owning the delivery of critical outcomes to drive the improvement of long-term business capability.
Knowledge and Experience:
• Business Intelligence systems, reporting tools, and data structure
• Report creation
• Data mining
• Utility industry accounting
• System implementation
• US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, SEC regulations and IFRS
• Process Management
• Month-end close processes
• Risk mitigation
• Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Finance related fields
• Demonstrate ability to develop BI systems reports
• Background in utility service or similar industry accounting
• Knowledge of finance processes and terminology
• Basic project management and problem-solving skills
• Effective collaboration and partnership capabilities
• Ability to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and follow-up
This position has a career path which provides for advancement opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and their individual experience.
_ National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to join the National Grid team. _