Eversource Energy Supervisor, Gas Project Controls (Work Prep/Closeout) in Brockton, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Responsible for the initiation, preparation and closing of work packets, Contractor billing and invoicing support and cost estimation for all capital construction work activities performed by Gas Field Operations at the local District level. Works collaboratively with the local Project Manager and Planning and Scheduling P and S) Supervisors to ensure that all required work is initiated, prepared and completed in an accurate, timely and cost-effective manner. The position adheres to prescribed timeframes for all capital, maintenance and mandated work to ensure that regulatory requirements, customer needs and business objectives are continually satisfied. Ensures that completed work; including but not limited to new business, compliance and mandated work, system reliability, maintenance and construction, is closed out in the Accounting and Work Management systems in an accurate, timely and cost-effective manner. The Supervisor organizes the work force for optimum efficiency across all operating regions within their assigned territories.
- Collaborates with the Project Management and Planning and Scheduling department to support timely workorder creation and closeouts for each operating District
- Responsible for the integrity of data input into the work management systems and operating databases.
- Responsible for Contractor Billing reconciliation and invoicing process.
- Responsible for Workorder estimation for all capital work orders and any material orders related to the capital work as required.
- Assists with District liaison activities with local and municipal officials. Resolves customer issues and concerns, as required.
- Ensures that an adequate and proper supply of prepared work is available in each District to support the completion of annual work plans.
- Analyzes performance measures and metrics to monitor and evaluate the performance of the Gas Field Operations Support organization and its ability to meet internal expectations
- Implements work practices and process improvement plans to improve efficiency and ensure consistency
- Supervises the management and development of the Project Controls Staff.
- Requires knowledge of gas distribution operations including engineering, construction and maintenance practices.
- Strong knowledge of customer information systems, Work Management Systems, MS Office products (Access, Word and Excel) and work management processes.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum five (5) years of related experience including managing multiple projects and deadlines, utilizing technology and process implementation in electric or gas distribution and/or operations. Experience supervising in a Union environment
Licenses & Certifications:
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs