Eversource Energy Manager, Gas Operations (Maintenance) - Brockton, MA in Brockton, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)This position manages and leads operational activities in a geographic area ensuring safety, reliability and efficiency.
This position manages and leads operational activities in a geographic area ensuring safety, reliability and efficiency.
- Leadership – This position requires skills that enable motivating the entire department. They must possess the ability to provide clear direction and give feedback to employees. They must have the ability to lead a successful team.
- Safety and Code Compliance – They must possess a full understanding of federal, state and company codes and standards, ensuring compliance. In addition, they are responsible for their area’s safety program, ensuring customer and employee safety.
- Emergency Response – Each area manager must have a comprehensive operating knowledge of their area to allow them to effectively and safely conduct emergency response. Our customers and employees safety, as well as system reliability, depend on their abilities to react under emergency conditions.
- The area manager is responsible for developing and maintaining their budget. They are responsible for ensuring the department runs efficiently within their committed budget. They are expected to develop creative solutions to improve productivity and efficiency, including new technology.
- The area manager must understand the fundamentals of providing excellent customer service. They must ensure their area is meeting the goals of the system in providing superior customer service.
- This position requires that clear direction is given to their employees. Our customers and employees safety and system reliability depend on clear communication and dynamic training. All employees look to the department manager for their direction problem resolution. They must possess vast operating knowledge to allow for excellent judgement and sound decision-making ability.
Requires complete understanding of area’s operation and systems
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, related discipline or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree or MBA preferred.
Ten plus years of gas distribution, utility or technical experience.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required, including off hours
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Cascade and translate strategies into action plans.
- Communicate goals and priorities (company, department, team); ensure line of sight
- Drive accountability/monitor progress
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty and integrity in all communication and actions
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
- Track commitments and follow-up
Manage and Develop People
- Create individual development plans with direct reports
- Set realistic performance objectives
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Differentiate performance and provide rewards and recognition
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Surface and address competing goals
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between functions
- Conduct teambuilding/development processes
- Encourage collaboration
- Guide team in translating organizational goals into day-to-day work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Involve employees/seek input in decision making, on continuous improvement ideas and change
- Diversify staff, where possible, in hiring/promotions
- Seek opportunities to utilize diverse suppliers
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully develop and implement changes in strategy, priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Act optimistically to influence others to embrace change
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that we have processes in place to deliver on our customer promise and provide superior customer service
- Be a role model for the business on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs