Eversource Energy Manager, Customer Group Field Operations - CMA in Brockton, Massachusetts
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! Role and Scope of Position:
Manages, and coordinates all aspects of the activities performed by Customer Group Field Operations within assigned area including public and employee safety, meter reading, meter/service, and field collections activities. Plans, develops and initiates field-related practices and procedures in the area of resource management, work scheduling, employee productivity and training as well as managing the financial activities associated with the area of responsibility. The position is also responsible for satisfying regulatory compliance within assigned area and provides support in the negotiation and administration of labor contracts for unit employees in Customer Group Gas Meter Services.
- Plans and provides direction to Customer Group field personnel. Recommends staffing levels and reallocates resources of field personnel including meter reading, meter/service, and field collectors.
- Coordinates activities between the field, the Customer Service Centers and other corporate staff departments that affect field operations or the level of customer service.
- Works with the Credit Manager to effectively manage accounts receivable and allocate or share resources as needed to maximize collection activity within their state.
- Coordinates performance management for Customer Group Field Operations and provides direction and guidance on goal achievement. Recommends and implements methodologies to measure the performance of Customer Group field personnel.
- Responsible for promoting and finding creative methods of leading a Safety culture within the group.
- Provide support to administration and negotiation of labor contracts for bargaining unit employees within Customer Group Field Operations.
- Develop reports and tracks progress of Customer Service Field Operations on goal achievement.
- Assists with the development and administration of the annual Customer Group Field Operations budget.
- Identifies training needs of field personnel. Plans and coordinates training for Customer Group field personnel including safety, progression training, technical and customer related training.
- This position requires skills that enable motivation of management and union employees. Must possess the ability to provide clear direction, provide constructive feedback to employees. Possess the ability to train, mentor, structure and lead a successful team.
- Must possess a full understanding of federal, state, company codes and standards, ensuring compliance. Responsible for the area’s safety program, enhancing and ensuring customer and employee safety.
- Each area manager must have a comprehensive operating knowledge of their area to allow them too effectively and safely conduct emergency response. Customer and employee’s safety as well as system reliability depend on the manager’s ability to appropriately react under emergency conditions.
- This position requires the manager provide clear direction to employees. Customers and employee safety and system reliability depend on clear communication and dynamic training. The manager must provide clear direction and effective problem resolution. Must posses vast operating knowledge to allow for excellent judgment and sound decision making ability.
- Requires thorough knowledge of systems utilized for customer billing, credit, field work orders and other daily work tasks
- Requires knowledge of union contracts and labor relations policies and procedures
- Requires ability to work effectively with all levels within the Organization, and to deal effectively with irate customers and/or sensitive customer or employee situations
- Requires strong administrative, communication and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Requires thorough knowledge of maintenance standards, work practices and procedures and safety requirementsas well as the codes and regulations that govern the operation and maintenance of the gas distribution system
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, liberal arts, engineering, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Minimum of (8) eight years in a customer service-related field including three years of supervisory experience.
- Ten years of related gas experience.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Massachusetts Drivers License, D.O.T. preferred.
- Operator Qualified preferred.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs