Entergy Mgr, Decommissioning in Bridgewater, Connecticut
Date: Apr 7, 2021
Legal Entity: Entergy Services, LLC
Responsible Manager providing project oversight for decommissioning consulting services, preparation of decommissioning cost estimates, schedules, work breakdown structures, decommissioning plans and procedures for a variety of nuclear and radiological facilities, for both Entergy and external third-party clients.
• Interface with internal and external clients as a project manager and/or technical consultant
• Plan, organize and manage multiple technical / financial study projects, and meet client deadlines and contractual obligations
• As a member of the leadership team, coach, mentor and direct activities within the organization
• Organize and interpret scientific, engineering and financial data
• Prepare decommissioning cost estimates and related reports and presentations
• Prepare technical reports and make public presentations to a variety of audiences
• Prepare technical and cost proposals associated with decommissioning consulting / services business activities
Minimum education required of the position:
BS in Engineering (e.g., Nuclear, Radiological Engineering, Health Physics, Environmental or other Engineering) or scientific degree with nuclear experience; advanced degree is desirable. Certification as a Professional Engineer, and/or other certifications are desirable.
Minimum experience required of this position:
10-15 years of experience within the areas of nuclear decommissioning and/or nuclear power, which includes experience providing customer-oriented services. Previous Supervisory or Management Experience is highly desirable. Experience in the following areas is desirable: Consulting, Testimony (written and oral as a subject matter expert), Project Management, Cost Estimating, Cost Modeling, Asset Retirement Obligation (ARO) Determinations
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required of the position:
• Planning and execution of complex projects, decommissioning project planning desirable
• Understanding radiological data relevant to the decommissioning planning and license termination process
• Knowledge of nuclear and radiological facilities and systems, such as nuclear power reactors, research reactors, fuel fabrication, enrichment, reprocessing and radioisotope production / separation, and medical and university research laboratories
• Familiarity with NRC, DOE, EPA, OSHA and Agreement State regulations pertaining to decommissioning (including financial assurance, safety, radiation protection, etc.),
• Proficiency with MS WORD, EXCEL, PROJECT, POWERPOINT, etc.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must able to work with technical, legal, financial, regulatory, government and executive level clients.
• Must be able to accommodate national and limited international travel (15% – 30%)m1
Primary Location: Connecticut-Bridgewater
Job Function : Nuclear
FLSA Status : Professional
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code : NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings : 1
Req ID: 101682
Travel Percentage :Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please clickhere (https://jobs.entergy.com/content/EEO/?locale=en_US) to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Please note: Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment in this position. Entergy will not sponsor candidates for work visas for this position.
Job Segment: Manager, Engineer, Consulting, Law, Nuclear Engineering, Management, Engineering, Technology, Legal
- Entergy Jobs