PSEG PSEGLI Distribution Spv ED in Bridgehampton, New York
Requisition ID: 50286
Job Function/Category: Transmission and Distribution
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy
Job Description: (Responsibilities)
As a Supervisor in our Overhead/Underground Lines Department located in our Long Island service territory, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supervises installation and maintenance of underground and overhead transmission and distribution facilities.
• Evaluates OH/ UG Lines and / or contractor personnel on a 24 hour / 7 day week operational basis.
• Prepares reports for Section Manager on work schedules, pending work, unusual field or operating conditions or performance of equipment.
• On a rotating basis, performs stand-by duty in accordance with OH / UG Lines Department requirements.
• Performs safety inspections, effective operations inspections, accident investigations, etc. for area of responsibility.
Note: Applicants selected for this position will be expected to work overtime in accordance with departmental requirements and required to participate in federally mandated drug testing programs prior to selection, randomly on a year round basis, after an accident and for reasonable cause.
Required Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
• Must possess a high school degree or GED.
• 3-4 years' experience in the operation, design, maintenance and construction of electric transmission and distribution facilities.
• Familiarity with work rules, work methods, safety rules and line procedures associated with overhead and underground work.
• Applicants should be sufficiently familiar with Collective Bargaining Agreements to be able to direct crew operations.
• Must be able to evaluate performance of all assigned personnel as well as evaluate tools and equipment.
• Ability to work off-hours which may include working nights and/or weekends. (approximately 400 hours per year)
• This position requires driving to company locations and off-site assignments and events, applicants must possess a valid New York State driver's license with a safe and satisfactory driver history.
Immigration support will not be considered now or in the future for this position.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( http://www.pseg.com ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved hiring decision
Diversity at PSEG: Equal Opportunity Employer
PSEG is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. PSEG's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
PSEG is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.