PSEG Sr. Operations Supervisor - Power Plant in Brandywine, Maryland
Requisition ID: 49562
Job Function/Category: Power
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy
This Power Plant is located in Brandywine, Maryland.
This is a shift work position responsible for providing strong leadership and supervision in the start-up, shutdown, operation, and maintenance of power plant equipment. This position provides direction, technical expertise and supervision to station associates and support teams.
Reports to the Operations Manager
Supervises Control Room Operators
· Supervise bargaining unit associates to effectively lead the plant operations staff
· Ensure safe, reliable, environmentally compliant, and economic plant operation.
· Coordinate the daily and outage related work required to maintain unit availability.
· Coordinate the operation of the generating units with ESOC and the Trading Floor
· Communicate with outside agencies, internal and external clients.
· Establish high standards and provide leadership and motivation by training, appraising, coaching, counseling, rewarding and disciplining associates.
· Maintain compliance with applicable station and corporate operating procedures and policies.
· Act as authority on site in absence of plant management and as Incident Commander during upset conditions.
Required Skills, Competencies, Education and Experience:
· High school diploma
· Applicable NJ Blue Seal Boiler License or MD Grade 1 Stationary Engineer License
· Minimum of 8 years operations experience in power generation facilities and/or similar industrial facilities and field.
· Computer literacy with good knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
· Must obtain an acceptable score on the First Line Supervisors’ Test unless presently an internal employee as a First Line Supervisor who has continuously supervised maintenance or operating personnel for a minimum of twelve months.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and verbal
· Understanding of federal, state, municipal and local permit limitations and regulatory requirements
· Proven leadership abilities
· Ability to work rotating shifts with rotating days off
· Must possess or be able to obtain a Maryland Grade 1 Stationary Engineer License.
Desired Skills, Competencies, Education and Experience:
· 5-10 Years supervisory experience
· Technical certification or training and familiarity with Work Clearance Management System
· Understanding of SAP
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site ( http://www.pseg.com ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved hiring decision
Diversity at PSEG: Equal Opportunity Employer
PSEG is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. PSEG's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
PSEG is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.