Avangrid Sr. Permitting Manager- Offshore in Boston, Massachusetts
Sr. Permitting Manager- Offshore
Company: AVANGRID RENEWABLES, LLC
Boston, MA, US
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com (https://www.avangrid.com/wps/portal/avangrid/home)
Avangrid Renewables, a subsidiary of Avangrid, Inc. (NYSE: AGR), is a leading developer, owner and operator of renewable energy facilities in the United States with an eight-gigawatt portfolio of onshore wind and solar projects across 22 states. Avangrid Renewables’ offshore wind business is pioneering this new industry with a development pipeline of five gigawatts off the East Coast. Our offshore portfolio consists of the first-in-the-nation joint venture project Vineyard Wind, which will deliver 800 MW of clean energy into Massachusetts starting in 2023; Park City Wind, an 804 MW project to serve the state of Connecticut; and Kitty Hawk Offshore Wind that has the potential to deliver 2,500 MW of clean energy into Virginia and North Carolina. We aspire to be the employer of choice by providing purposeful and challenging work revolutionizing the renewable energy industry in the United States. This role will be part of a team developing, designing, constructing and operating large scale offshore wind projects which will provide affordable, clean energy and will have a transformational impact on local communities. Avangrid Renewables’ offshore business is located in Boston, Massachusetts.
Avangrid is part of the IBERDROLA Group, a global energy pioneer with the largest renewable asset base of any company in the world. Avangrid employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies – a list of America’s best corporate citizens – and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute.
To take a leading role in the permitting of the Kitty Hawk lease area to ensure delivery of agreed milestones. Responsibility will include activities related to state and local permits. The role requires control of the necessary schedule, budget, procurement, contract, and risk associated with the role.
The role encompasses all aspects of developing sites from scoping, through project development, environmental impact assessment and planning permits.
Coordinating and managing inputs from several multi-disciplinary project teams will be a key feature of the role. Establishing, fostering and maintaining team spirit and morale through periods of intense workload and activity will be a critical feature.
The role also includes development of effective relationships with Federal and State agencies to ensure delivery of contractual commitments.
The State Permitting Manager will support the Head of Permitting in establishing strong relationships with all major stakeholders including regulators, planning authorities, governments, consultees, communities, landowners, land agents, legal advisors, subconsultants and suppliers.
• Active day to day management of activities related to secure permits and ongoing permit compliance to ensure delivery of the Avangrid Renewables objectives
• Ensure that all project deliverables are delivered on-time, within scope, and within budget
• Take leading role in shaping data and information needs to support permit applications taking account of Regulatory and business objectives
• Strong ability to clearly communicate ideas and concepts; both written and verbally
• Meet budgetary objectives and adjust project constraints based on financial analysis
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Ensure external consultants and suppliers deliver to agreed specifications, programs and costs.
Skills and Requirements
• Proven delivery track record of managing multiple large-scale development projects
• Experience within project/development management environment, ideally in commercially focused renewables business with offshore development experience.
• Professional qualification (e.g., MSc in Environmental Management, law degree, engineering)
• Technical and commercial awareness of large-scale energy and/or engineering projects
• Proactive people manager and motivator
• Sound relationship management skills, creating and managing expectations
• Communication skills
• Attuned proactive planning skills – can look forward and see issues and deal with these
• Innovation and creative thinking
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and within a highly pressured environment
• Ability to manage staff
• Ability to collaborative and develop strong working relationships with partner companies
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Collaborate and Share
Be a role model
Focus to achieve results
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com